Tulum - dive shop (cenotes), activities and accomm (Jul 21-24)...Please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rossyl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I'm heading to Tulum this July, I'll be there from July 21-24, before heading to Belize (Caye Caulker) for a few days.

I would like to dive the Cenotes, do some jungle trekking, any other ideas?

Also any recommendations for a luxurious, yet cheap, beachside acommodation would be great.

Thanks very much all!

Ross

Hi,

For a nice beachside hotel (its an all inclusive) close to Tulum (5 minutes by bus/taxi) check out Dreams Tulum.

The best part is they have an excellent dive shop on site called Maya diving. Here is the website, Maya Diving in Tulum: Diving and Snorkeling in Tulum Cenotes and Reefs and Dive Courses

The staff are great both in sea or cenote. They have great equipment and are well established.

Cheers,

Sam

Thanks guys.

Had a look at Dreams and to be honest it looks too much like a big hotel, I'm after something much smaller and on the beach. So any recommendations appreciated.

H2O Pro look good, just a question of finding them.

I have stayed with Min, Marco and Thor (their dog). As Spratman said they are great people and will make you feel at home. If you would like to see some photos of their property and shop let me know and I will send them to you.

Sam

Check out Aquatech and Villas de Rosa in Akumel. Akumal Beach Resort Villas DeRosa - Aquatech Cave Diving Center

We did some cenote dives with them in April and had a great time. After the dives we went back to the hotel to chill at the beach bar. Awesome little hotel on a beautiful beach. So much so, our trip leader has already booked a week back there next year!

Back
Top Bottom