Turks and Caicos Aggressor II question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amirich

New
Reaction score
I just signed up for my first liveaboard trip on the Turks and Caicos Aggressor, and I'm pretty excited. I was wondering if anybody has been on this boat recently and how was your experience? Would you do it again? Also any tips or suggestions for a liveaboard rookie would be greatly appreciated

thanks

amirich,
welcome to this board.
you will read tons of useful stuff here.
protect your core temp.
in between dives stay away from the air conditioning areas.
i always end up taking too many clothes, so pack light.
however, it is considered rude not to wear a shirt during a meal.
always say "thank you", "good morning" and "please".
alot of americans leave their manners at home while on holiday.

try to get roatan man to reply to your thread.
he always has a box full of good suggestions.

you will have a great time and you will meet some very nice divers.
take lots of pictures and share your trip with us upon your safe return.
regards,

My experience was totally first-class. Yes, I would do it again. Due to the combination of hefty expense and dive-dive-dive agenda, the Aggressors tend to attract better/more dedicated divers.

Tips: You MUST get Nitrox certified and pay the extra to dive Nitrox all week--it is a real bargain for the weekly rate, and you will end up skipping dives if you do it on air due to the schedule of a dive beginning every 3 hours, 5 dives per day.

Bring a lot of film or a digital camera--that's a lot of diving and there are fabulous photo opps on every dive. AND, leave the camera on the boat for some of the dives, so you can simply enjoy the dive and what you are seeing!

Do bring exposure protection, and a lightweight hood--even warm water saps you when you spend a lot of time in it.

Be prepared to give a generous tip to the crew--they will certainly earn it and make great efforts to see that you have a good time and great food.

Come hungry--there is a meal or hot snack after every dive, and hot chocolate after the night dive.

Be prepared to have a wonderful adventure. You are sure to be pleased.

theskull

Back
Top Bottom