Tusa Imprex Info Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DDI

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi Scubaboard members, I have a set of Tusa Imprex Regs kicking about. I was hoping to find out their age, whether they are scubapro clone as they appear to be? What service kits are available for them and where to get them? Last question is whether there are DIN conversions out there as well? I was thinking about using on a stage, they seem to breath ok and I like the turret.

20161012_215923.jpg

Last edited:
tusa oem's some of the scubapro first stages. you've got a tusa imprex tr400. same internally as a mk10 for the first stage. VDH has the kits for the mk10 if you can't find some SP/TUSA kits on ebay. or can try generic parts from trident.

manual is on frogkick

http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/tusa/

Reactions: DDI
I'm not familiar with TUSA regulators but it looks like a Scubapro MK5 clone not MK10.

I'm not familiar with TUSA either, but looking at the diagrams for the TR400 vs the MK5 or MK10, I have to agree. The ambient chamber holes are in the cap rather than the body. Additionally, the piston head of the TUSA takes the same size o-ring as the MK5. One exception I see that could come into play is that the TUSA's yoke retainer is designed more like the MK10 than the 5; So, if you're going to attempt using a SP DIN, a better bet would be a MK10/20/25 DIN over a MK5.....however, this is just a guess looking at the charts.

If you listen to me, you will probably blow your regulator up and die.

Last edited:
Thanks for that addition Notsure.
Haha lets hope not Couv, really good info though so far. Scubaboard has the info how you process it is on you :)

One exception I see that could come into play is that the TUSA's yoke retainer is designed more like the MK10 than the 5; So, if you're going to attempt using a SP DIN, a better bet would be a MK10/20/25 DIN over a MK5.....however, this is just a guess looking at the charts.

I have a Oceanic Pre-95 in DIN (MK5 Clone) that looks exactly like the TUSA. It also uses a MK10 style DIN bolt but I have never checked to see if it is identical to the SP.

So far I will grab a MK5 kit for the first stage? and hunt down a TUSA TR 400 kit for the 2nd stage. The generic parts from Trident suit a range of 2nd stages?

Back
Top Bottom