Tusa Platina Evolution BCD - Need Inflator Assembly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

polar21

Registered
Reaction score
Gents,
I bought a Tusa Platina (BCJ-3880?) off of craigslist but it did not come with an inflator assembly. When I say it didnt come with an assembly, I mean I need everything from where the hose screws in to the air bladder up to the inflate/deflate buttons. Does anyone know if one of these would work: TUSA Active Purge Assist BCD Inflator Hose Assembly

Or would one of these do the trick: 26404 ScubaMax Deluxe BCD Inflator Hose

I have emaild Tusa but havent heard anything back from them.

Thanks for the help.

From the data sheet:

The A.P.A. system is standard on the BCJ-7000C Conquest and the BCJ-9300C Selene II and available as an add-on accessory for current TUSA BCJ’s.

My understanding (I recently researched the same thing, as I, too, recently bought a Tusa BCJ-3860) is that the Platina Evolution is a current BC; it is still listed on their products page, so it should work. From what I've read it's a decent upgrade to the stock inflator. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the replies. I am a little worried that the APA wont fit based on a review I read on Leisure Pro. The guy said that he bought one and the threads didnt fit on his BCJ 3860.

That's strange, considering that LeisurePro lists it as an accessory. I might pick one up for mine since the inflator is a little beat up (still fully functional though :) ); I sent TUSA an email and I'll post back if I hear anything.

---------- Post added ----------

Heard back from Tusa:
Yes the APA does work with the BCJ 3860. Please let me know if there's anything else you need!

Kindest Regards,

Stephanie Lauder
Customer Service Department

Tabata USA

Lokls like it should work :)

Sweet. I am going to order mine today then.

I just got the APA in the mail and IT DOES NOT FIT. So, I would not order it. I will probably send mine back after I visit the LDS and see what they say.

Would love to find out how this played out ... I need to replace my inflator as well, and so far in my research the entire assembly is less than the end inflator unit ...

Back
Top Bottom