Tusa Zoom vs Oceanic splits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scot Longyear

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey! Newbie here. Looks like a great forum.

I am heading to the Keys at the end of Feb for a dive trip. I am trying to decide between Tusa Zoom split fins and the Oceanic (v12 or v16). Anybody have these?

Thanks in advance!!!

I have Xpert Zooms and Atomic Aquatic Smoke on the Waters. Zooms aren't even close as far as speed/power. The angled blades are very comfortable, but soft. If you like the Zooms, get the stiffer black ones.
If you have the $$, get the Atomics. Fastest split fin according to latest review in Scub. magazine.:D

I have the Tusa fins and love them because the foot pocket fit my booties the best. Tried the Atomics, Scubapros but not the Oceanics. Just get the one that fits your booties the best and you will be fine.

Ive tried all three of these fins, personally i like the oceanics more because they fit by foot better than the tusa fins. As far as the fins performance the V-12 fins will have the least amount of resistance, the V-16 fins have more snap to them with just a little bit more resistance. The Zoom are similar to the V-16, i like the 16 more though because the Tusa fins have a bend in them and i didnt like how they felt when i was on a pool or boat deck. If all three fins fit the same i would choose a pair of oceanics.

Dip'N Dive - Scuba Diving Training in Buffalo and WNY - Home

I vote for the TUSAs. Very swift and effortless through the water.

I have the TUSAs, but they're retired now to snorkeling, moved to mares Plana Avanti Quattro (the old model) for diving use

We have been using Tusa Zoom for our open water classes, just to give the students an orientation on different types of equipmrnt on there last pool dive. They seem to be the popular choice. Although when I tried them myself I found them to be too light and alot more work then say a Scuba Max Mach II. Lots of folks out in Sidney BC swear by the Atomic fins, however we stock both the oceanic V-12 and V-16 with success. They seem almost identical to the Atomic fins. Find one that fits, you can't go wrong with either. If you would like more information, give us a call: www-sidneydivecentre-com, 778 426 3483

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom