Tweaking Halcyon weighted bellows pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have this Weighted Bellows™ Pocket - Halcyon Dive Systems

I want to add a right side D ring. Because I have the Cinch harness (the shoulder straps can be loosened/tightened), adding a D ring right on the waist belt is problematic as its position would move, depending on if I'm diving dry or wet. The waist belt passes through a slot on the back of the pocket, so the pocket itself doesn't move (one end is anchored to the BP). I was thinking about adding a D ring on the other side of the pocket. But because there is nothing anchoring the webbing going through the triglide on the other side of the pocket, if I put any pressure on the D ring, the webbing comes out of the triglide.

I just want to hang a SMB/spool off the D ring, so nothing particularly heavy.

Should I just do some sewing?

Thanks!

Pics of pocket and what I want to do attached.
IMG_3260.JPG
IMG_3261.JPG
IMG_3262.JPG

Why not just put the spool and SMB in the pouch? Mine holds the 6' Super Slim, or the 4.5' regular and a spool with room to spare. (Fold the SMB, don't roll it.)

An alternative would be to put the D-ring on the BP side of the pocket. It appears that you've fed the short piece of webbing designed to hold the ACB weight pocket in place through the tri-glide on the bellows pocket. You could just slip the D-ring on there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom