Twin hose can clamps!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkinabus

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a source of non ferrous can clamps to suit a DA Aquamaster?

Old or repro ok.

I dive with my DAAM and PRAM on a weekly basis and am building a MBRAM (MB Mk3)

Having a clamp rather than clips has allowed me to fix a freeflow and save a dive in the past and I want to install them on all my regs.

Mild steel is no good to me as even the chromed ones rust out.

Thanks for the link but my previous clamp was a repro from VDH, it rusted out.

Bryan says they are chrome plated steel and are not guaranteed against rust. The review on his page was from an early batch that were stainless, not the current run.

I need chrome plated brass or stainless.

I did not know that, I did think the chrome was odd when I saw it tonight.

I'm glad I got mine when he had the original SS version.

Is there another game in town?

Pete

I had a chrome one rust out too. Bryan was nice enough to replace it, he's really good with customer service. He told me that there were some complaints about the SS clamps not looking 'vintage' enough so he switched to chrome.

I had a chrome one rust out too. Bryan was nice enough to replace it, he's really good with customer service. He told me that there were some complaints about the SS clamps not looking 'vintage' enough so he switched to chrome.

Is it possible to chrome plate stainless steel?

Mild steel seems a bad idea for anything that gets immersed in salt water, even if it is chromed.

As I wasn't the original customer I don't think Bryan would replace it, besides a replacement that would rust on a saltwater reg is no use to me.

Is it possible to chrome plate stainless steel?

Yes, but few places are set up to do it properly. The problem is adhesion, and on a part that flexes, don't count on the chrome staying put.

I have that same problem- I have 3 of them. I for one wish he would return to SS....and I plan to ask next weekend, going to be diving with him.

I have a supply-- The only supply -- of old new stock US Diver can clamps.

They are brass -

I sell them for $1.00 each -- Postage paid in US.. additional for postage out side of the US.

Will be on Vacation - (I am always on Vacation) until Mid April

Also have supplies of old new stock of just about every thing..for US Divers regulators.

sdm

I have a supply-- The only supply -- of old new stock US Diver can clamps.

They are brass -

I sell them for $1.00 each -- Postage paid in US.. additional for postage out side of the US.

Will be on Vacation - (I am always on Vacation) until Mid April

Also have supplies of old new stock of just about every thing..for US Divers regulators.

sdm

I think we are talking about the ring clamps, not clips? Mr. Miller, if you have the ring clamps for a dollar, I will take six :blinking:.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom