Twin hose can clamps!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will take 6 as well Sam....band clamps... I have a bunch of clips.. Matt do you want original ones? You do know Bryan has silicone reproductions now...nice too.

Herman, I did not know that, but someone else alerted me, and I'll get one of the silicone ones. Thanks!

Herman, I did not know that, but someone else alerted me, and I'll get one of the silicone ones. Thanks!

They're nice too. Mine came in this week! Do the valves at the same time if you haven't done so.

Pete

I think we are talking about the ring clamps, not clips? Mr. Miller, if you have the ring clamps for a dollar, I will take six :blinking:.

N

yeah! If they are can clamps I'll buy four!

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a source of non ferrous can clamps to suit a DA Aquamaster?

Old or repro ok.

I dive with my DAAM and PRAM on a weekly basis and am building a MBRAM (MB Mk3)

Having a clamp rather than clips has allowed me to fix a freeflow and save a dive in the past and I want to install them on all my regs.

Mild steel is no good to me as even the chromed ones rust out.

Well I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with a new rusting can clamp. It started to rust on the second dive and I always wash my regs and hang them to dry. The idea that stainless is not "Vintage" enough is crazy, how many Mistrals, DAMs and Rams came with clamp rings anyhow? And if you want it to shine, just spec a higher grade of polished stainless, have you ever been to a boat show? The Big boys don't like aluminum. And yes it will cost more, but aren't we worth it?
Oh, and by the way congratulations on your MB Mk3 I'm loving mine I was on a wreck last Friday and the current was killer so we had to pull are selves down to 90' on a line that was 150' long, it took 4+ minuets to get there one handed dragging a camera and strobe. Anyhow when I downloaded my integrated computer I had a SAC rate of 3.4 at one point and .7-3.0 working my way around the wreck. There is no doubt that it is a good design. So PM me if you need any help setting it up or give Mossback a call he has my PH#.
Good luck!
And I will be talking to my fabricator about SS rings.

Thanks Double Diver,

My excellent dive tech found me a vintage brass/chrome clamp, works great!

Still need more if you get a run made:)

My MB Mk3 is still in the post, glad to hear of good experiences.

I expect similar performance to my well set up Pheonix, how do they compare in the water?

Thanks Double Diver,

My excellent dive tech found me a vintage brass/chrome clamp, works great!

Still need more if you get a run made:)

My MB Mk3 is still in the post, glad to hear of good experiences.

I expect similar performance to my well set up Phoenix, how do they compare in the water?

I have not had the chance to try a Phoenix so I will look forward to hearing your opinion.
But at minimum it should be as good, and because it is a much more evolved product (as you will see) it will provide more flexibility especially if you want to use DIN. It will mount much closer to the tank than a Phoenix. The next thing Old Mossback needs to do is come up with a new label to go with it.
And if you want PM me with your email so I can sent you some info on how I went about setting it up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom