Twin Lakes on Monday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikkilj

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everybody! David and I are hoping to go out to Twin Lakes on Monday, to get some diving in before our Cozumel trip in June and to test out some new computers.

We have never been to TL before and was hoping to meet up with some people there who are regulars and know the layout, what to go see, what to watch out for, etc.

Anyone willing to join us? Any advice? Does anyone have a map of the lake w/ landmarks?

Thanks,
Mikki and David :)

Thank you, Bill! Yeah, we found their web site at www.scubapark.net. I was hoping for a map of the lake itself and where to check in, pay, park, etc. But hopefully that won't be too hard to figure out when we get there. It seems like they have markers for either the platforms or other sunken things. I guess we'll just discover things for ourselves :) .

I've heard different things about the visibility. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't rain and kill the visibility...

Well, you just have to watch for the signs. The place is kind a combo RV park in the front / scuba lake / fishing . there is a gate at the entrance to the lake with a small building that has the compressor and rental tanks in it. You will probably enjoy it there. Sheri, the lady that works there and takes the money is friendly and easy going. She will point out the major atractions and all that. Be sure to take you own refreshments, there is not anything for sale there.

Also, about Monday, We have not decided to do anything this weekend or not. If my better half dosn't want to do anything, I may get out to the lake Sun or Mon. I will post if I decide to go. I was just there Wednesday, but don't mind going again.

mikkilj:
Okay - thanks! We'll be there with my red VW Golf around 9am on Monday :)

Call them they might mot open until 12noon. It's a week day but it is also a holiday.
I would check first. I Wish I could go with you guys.

I called and they are going to be open around 9, so I will be there. Are there any other Swampers that are planning on being there? Sorry you can't be there Colt.

Yeah, Bill....how was the diving? I had to go to Beaumont all day. I guess I'll see you Thursday, if not before.

Regards,

Diving was good. Got a couple of good dives in. No rain or thunder. Viz was 15 to 20 or so till the kids stired it up at the fourth dock.
Also
Meet Mikkilj, her hubby, dfishlady, and dave. We did two dives so I guess that would make them Texas Swamp divers. :eyebrow:

Bill T.

Back
Top Bottom