Twin Set Considerations/ Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok a twinhose reg...

Sorry, @Tyler Goetz, for sidetracking your thread about single-outlet manifolds (by mentioning DH regs too much). I think I might have confused you. Single-hose regs ("normal" regs) can be used with single-outlet manifolds just fine.

If you want to learn about DH regs, there's a lot of info on the 'net. YouTube has some excellent videos of people diving DH (double-hose) regulators.

rx7diver

UPDATE: My NOS Aqua Lung (U.S. Divers) twin manifold arrived earlier today from The Scuba Museum, carefully double-boxed, in it's original manufacturer's box! It's very shiny and has that new car smell, and operates really smoothly. It's pictured here, opposite my OMS doubles isolator manifold, to show consistent C-C spacing. (There's a bit of an optical illusion since the OMS is wearing K-valves for 7/8" HP cylinders; I was too lazy to switch in the 3/4" K-valves.)

Now I've got to make a decision first about cylinders, and then about bands. My OMS 46's both were last hydroed on 06/15, so there's that, too!

rx7diver

US_Divers_Manifold_20201118.jpeg

UPDATE: My NOS Aqua Lung (U.S. Divers) twin manifold arrived earlier today from The Scuba Museum, carefully double-boxed, in it's original manufacturer's box! It's very shiny and has that new car smell, and operates really smoothly. It's pictured here, opposite my OMS doubles isolator manifold, to show consistent C-C spacing. (There's a bit of an optical illusion since the OMS is wearing K-valves for 7/8" HP cylinders; I was too lazy to switch in the 3/4" K-valves.)

Now I've got to make a decision first about cylinders, and then about bands. My OMS 46's both were last hydroed on 06/15, so there's that, too!

rx7diver

View attachment 625021
Sweet! i've looked into some as well, but i have another quick question. Do you have any opinion/experince with the orcatorch d530 or archon dh26? if not what light do you use and will 1200LM be enough for night dive(your opinion again) THANKS! <TG>

rx7divers_lights_20201118.jpeg

Sorry, @Tyler Goetz, I have no recent knowledge of dive lights. My first lights were 4-C-cell Ikelite Mini-C lights for rec diving. I still use these, in fact, when I'm diving my Scubapro Stab Jacket.

Then, for deep wreck diving in the Great Lakes, I special-ordered a canister light (American Underwater Lighting) up to Michigan and then purchased a couple of Halcyon back-up lights. Dove these lights with back-mounted isolation-manifolded doubles and slung deco cylinders (Hogarthian setup) for a number of years.

When I began preparing to dive even deeper Great Lakes dives, I purchased a Halcyon Explorer HID light. I completed almost no dives with this canister light before I ceased tech diving. I had moved away from the Great Lakes area, and I began my family (first child was born in 2001), shortly after which I ended my tech diving ambitions. (So, no Tri-Mix cert for moi, unfortunately!)

All these lights are there in the attached photo.

I telephoned Extreme Exposure a couple of years ago about possibly getting a NiMH canister retrofitted to my still-good (and expensive!) Explorer lighthead. EE was extremely receptive, so I might actually do this, eventually.

At any rate, FWIW, I think you are getting some extremely good advice on your other thread, from extremely knowledgeable divers who are being extremely generous sharing their experiences and advice re lighting.

Good luck with your lighting search.

rx7diver

View attachment 625029

Sorry, @Tyler Goetz, I have no recent knowledge of dive lights. My first lights were 4-C-cell Ikelite Mini-C lights for rec diving. I still use these, in fact, when I'm diving my Scubapro Stab Jacket.

Then, for deep wreck diving in the Great Lakes, I special-ordered a canister light (American Underwater Lighting) up to Michigan and then purchased a couple of Halcyon back-up lights. Dove these lights with back-mounted isolation-manifolded doubles and slung deco cylinders (Hogarthian setup) for a number of years.

When I began preparing to dive even deeper Great Lakes dives, I purchased a Halcyon Explorer HID light. I completed almost no dives with this canister light before I ceased tech diving. I had moved away from the Great Lakes area, and I began my family (first child was born in 2001), shortly after which I ended my tech diving ambitions. (So, no Tri-Mix cert for moi, unfortunately!)

All these lights are there in the attached photo.

I telephoned Extreme Exposure a couple of years ago about possibly getting a NiMH canister retrofitted to my still-good (and expensive!) Explorer lighthead. EE was extremely receptive, so I might actually do this, eventually.

At any rate, FWIW, I think you are getting some extremely good advice on your other thread, from extremely knowledgeable divers who are being extremely generous sharing their experiences and advice re lighting.

Good luck with your lighting search.

rx7diver
Well you have no idea how much I appreciate your opinions and responses, best wishes to you and your family! <TG>

UPDATE: The doubles bands for my OMS (Faber) 46's arrived yesterday (from Piranha). I assembled everything last night. No issues. I scavenged air from a couple of my other tanks, so the "baby doubles" have ~1,200 psig in them.)

The third and fourth pics show the doubles wearing my very old DiveRite doubles Al back plate (which I used to wear with my PST HP 100/120 doubles when Great Lakes diving; Halcyon Ar bottle straps are attached). And the fourth pic emphasizes just how much the VDH Phoenix first stage causes the DA Aqua Master "can" to extend past the plane of the backpack for these very narrow (5.5" OD) tanks.

rx7diver

USDivers_Manifold_OMS46_20201128a.jpeg USDivers_Manifold_OMS46_20201128b.jpeg USDivers_Manifold_OMS46_20201128c.jpeg USDivers_Manifold_OMS46_20201128d.jpeg

Do you have another for sale? Hit me up if you do diveregamboa1@gmail.com
@Ed Gamboa ,

Click on the link in @AhoyFed's post that you quoted. Doing this will take you to The Scuba Museum web site. I purchased my U.S. Divers manifold (and later, a J-valve pull-rod, and even later, a single tank J-valve) from there.

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom