Twin Valve instead of H-Valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrVegas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just curious if anyone had ever tried these:

I mostly dive doubles, but have a few big singles with H-valves, and, if I use a single tank adapter, it can be hard to reach the right side valve behind my head. Just wondering if these would fix that issue. It looks like they come in both metric and 3/4 NPSM thread.

Just curious if anyone had ever tried these:

I mostly dive doubles, but have a few big singles with H-valves, and, if I use a single tank adapter, it can be hard to reach the right side valve behind my head. Just wondering if these would fix that issue. It looks like they come in both metric and 3/4 NPSM thread.
Possible. They’re called Y valves. Bear in mind they likely don’t have burst discs and as such, some US fill stations will give you difficulty.

. . . they likely don’t have burst discs and as such, some US fill stations will give you difficulty.
Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

First option would be to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.

Second option might be to find a machinist to add the burst disc threads?

Possible. They’re called Y valves. Bear in mind they likely don’t have burst discs and as such, some US fill stations will give you difficulty.
I’d say most tank monkeys wouldn’t even notice…if they did, they would freak out about all the 5250 disks in all the LP tanks out there that get accidentally overfilled on purpose.

Interesting product. I wonder if it accommodates two dip tubes (two independent air paths)? The downsides of my old-school Y-valves are (a) they are yoke (A-clamp) only, and (b) they are not very comfortable when carrying a cylinder by the valve. This MetalSub valve doesn't seem to have these two downsides.

@Angelo Farina, do you know anything about these?

rx7diver

Interesting product. I wonder if it accommodates two dip tubes (two independent air paths)? The downsides of my old-school Y-valves are (a) they are yoke (A-clamp) only, and (b) they are not very comfortable when carrying a cylinder by the valve. This MetalSub valve doesn't seem to have these two downsides.

rx7diver

The Beauchat Y-valve has 2 dip tubes and 2 separate air channels:

1679513661343.png

-Z

rx7diver
A nice double valve, but I do not think there are 2 dip tubes.
In my knowledge only Beuchat had them, and they patented this solution.

I’d say most tank monkeys wouldn’t even notice…if they did, they would freak out about all the 5250 disks in all the LP tanks out there that get accidentally overfilled on purpose.

wouldn't it be hilarious if your tank monkey was on here and pissed on your valves ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom