Twin Valve instead of H-Valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wouldn't it be hilarious if your tank monkey was on here and pissed on your valves ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Lol…he is on here. I’ll tag him for you, if you send him $20 he’ll probably do it. @tomfcrist

Just curious if anyone had ever tried these:

I mostly dive doubles, but have a few big singles with H-valves, and, if I use a single tank adapter, it can be hard to reach the right side valve behind my head. Just wondering if these would fix that issue. It looks like they come in both metric and 3/4 NPSM thread.
I have a 15L with one of those. In europe those are really common as double valves. Don't know if it has a single or double dip tube though. I assume single and that it is primarily a redundancy if your first or second stage fails.

1 dip tube

Attachments

• robinet-din-double-fixe-232-bars.jpg
    robinet-din-double-fixe-232-bars.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 42
Does anyone know of a situation caused by a blockage of a dip tube that wouldn't have also affected a second dip tube in the same tank? I get the theory, but has it ever happened?

Does anyone know of a situation caused by a blockage of a dip tube that wouldn't have also affected a second dip tube in the same tank? I get the theory, but has it ever happened?

I'll add, has anyone who takes care of their equipment actually had a dip tube plug?

If so, what was the cause?

I've had a dip tube come loose, which would have made it easier for the valve to plug. But it didn't. Closest I've got.

FWIW, yesterday I wrote (using the form on the Metalsub Twin Valve Line 3/4´´ Black | Diveinn page) asking whether this valve has a burst disc for the USA market. I received an auto-generated message that they received my question and will get back to me. I will let you all know what I learn.

rx7diver

I actually e-mailed Metalsub and they responded very quickly. Unfortunately, no burst disc. As a practical matter, I doubt it would ever matter, but rules are rules. (Weird that this little issue would be exactly opposite between the US and Europe.)

I actually e-mailed Metalsub and they responded very quickly. Unfortunately, no burst disc. As a practical matter, I doubt it would ever matter, but rules are rules. (Weird that this little issue would be exactly opposite between the US and Europe.)

I am not understanding your use case for this type of valve, or even an H-valve. You stated in your original post that you often dive doubles but have some larger tanks with H-valves.

An H-valve is an "ok" (mediocre but acceptable) solution when diving in cold weather/cold water to run 2 1st stages so one can split up the demand of breathing, BC/wing inflation, drysuit inflation, and any other LP demand that could cause adiabatic cooling that could cause the 1st stage to freeze/free flow.

Twin valves, H-valves, Y-valves, etc., don't make for a redundant air source....but I am sure you know that. But given that, I don't understand the effort to replace your current valve with something similar.

Why not replace it with a single outlet valve? or are you using those tanks in a cold water scenario?

Just curious.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom