twist, button or hand held for DGX 600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The body button version has high/low/strobe. I bought them for my family. I have the old narrow beam tail button version, only on/off

Now I see that, I didn't look closely enough when ordering. I did put mine in a bucket of water the other day and got almost 2 hours of what I would call useful light. For the dives I'm doing now that's sufficient, especially considering my other back up light has a longer burn time.

The DGX 600 claims 600 lumens, not 1000. But lumen claims by manufacturers are all over the place. It's very bright.
I think that is another example of DGX being conservative/honest. The light is quite bright.

From the DGX website:
Offering 600 lumens and depth rated below 600 feet, the DGX 600 Handheld Light features a true out-the-front 600 system lumens (1100+ raw LED lumens) of cool white 6500°K light in a tight 8° beam

Burn times with the supplied battery are a conservative estimate for technical diving use. Burn times can vary widely because we observe that most brands of lithium-ion 18650 batteries grossly over state their power rating claims.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom