Two Divers Rescued

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great Job to all involved........ seemed like a well orchestrated plan that you all put together and carrried out. Gulfcoast area has some well trained Captains and crews.

about .8 to 1 mile offshore- north current and west winds- they would have eventually made it in on their own i presume as long as panic did not set in. i dont think anyone involved in the rescues is looking for renumeration or even a thanks(would be nice though:D) . i would just hope someone would put forth the effort we did if they see someone in need.
From the looks at their faces I do think Panic was very close. I just cant say great job enough. I'm very proud of the group of capt's we have out there. Like Capt Jamie said what goes around comes around. We have all made mistakes and hopefully learn from them. Teach others as well from your mistakes. I have learned a lot from you guys and hopefully will learn more. My biggest passion is going out there and doing some collecting. I live for it all week and cant wait until the weekend so I can go. Hopefully I can teach someone about safety in diving like I have learned here this week. Again Guys you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent job to all...

Never leave town without your sausage!!:D

This brings up an interesting topic of leaving an unattended boat at the surface while diving.

I've never done it myself until last month, when I was diving with a PADI 5-star dive center on a charter. There were 2 DM's (actually I think one was an instructor), 2 of us certified divers, and one diver on a Discover Scuba course. We got out to the dive site, which was about a 6 minute ride from the beach, and I was shocked to see that everyone was gearing up to dive! I will say that the DM's were very thorough about checking the anchor, and verifying it once they were in the water. However, I was a little surprised, and this recent incident off Venice is a good reminder. This dive op was in Mykonos, Greece, so I guess they may do things a little differently over there.

Excellent all around! WOW!

I need to invest in some surface safety gear. I don't own a thing. Other than a float with a dive flag of course.

-Boats

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom