Two Free BCDs to a good home!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wcleeuwenburg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Two SEA ELITE BCD's (Size L - XL) that are free for the taking. Nothing fancy and no integrated weight system but in good condition. One unit has a defective inflator (replacement $ 20 - 25 on Amazon). Perhaps someone out there just getting into diving and on a limited budget wants them (the price is right). They're hanging on the backyard fence of my office located in Morehead City, NC at 1805 Bridges Street (accessed by the alley that connects Arendell and Bridges Street. Please no questions as I'm not a regular participant of this online forum - Just come take them. I'll take down this post once they units "disappear."
SEA ELITE.JPG

If still available I could use them for my grand children--

So far, no local takers and if you want them, they're yours. Since you're not local to me, to keep the transaction simple, an option is to send me a shipping label from your preferred courier. If interested, contact me directly at wcleeuwenburg@yahoo.com to work out the details. (I didn't see a way to private message a member on this forum).

If you still have them we could put them to great use! My husband and I just got out owc and aowc. I'm in Idaho. Not sure if still available, but thank you for your generosity!

I'm quite interested, but assume too much of a hassle to get them to Canada.

Two SEA ELITE BCD's (Size L - XL) that are free for the taking. Nothing fancy and no integrated weight system but in good condition. One unit has a defective inflator (replacement $ 20 - 25 on Amazon). Perhaps someone out there just getting into diving and on a limited budget wants them (the price is right). They're hanging on the backyard fence of my office located in Morehead City, NC at 1805 Bridges Street (accessed by the alley that connects Arendell and Bridges Street. Please no questions as I'm not a regular participant of this online forum - Just come take them. I'll take down this post once they units "disappear."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Gosh !

Yesterday was Sunday and I was "busy" -so no immediate reply...But where I come from in the west your word is your bond -- I assume it also goes for the electronic format

I am certainly still interested - I would appreciate them for my grand children, third generation California divers-

It is recognized I live in Sunny Cal a long way from NC.
I am not certain how to send the to me and how to pay for shipping
I am unfamiliar with a shipping label but can contact UPS

What say you?

Cheers
SAM

Last edited:
Son of a gun!
I just read your profile -- You were LA Co certified..may I inquire who was your instructor ?
And you live in NC! And you are a commercial diver. What better training than to begin with LA Co...did you attend CDC in Wilmington?

I also am LA Co, but UW instructor-- now inactive
Matter of fact I was on the Board of Directors, received several awards from LA Co

Small world when you say HI ! So much in common.

SAM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Gosh !

Yesterday was Sunday and I was "busy" -so no immediate reply...But where I come from in the west your word is your bond -- I assume it also goes for the electronic format

I am certainly still interested - I would appreciate them for my grand children, third generation California divers-

It is recognized I live in Sunny Cal a long way from NC.
I am not certain how to send the to me and how to pay for shipping
I am unfamiliar with a shipping label but can contact UPS

What say you?

Cheers
SAM

Contact our local UPS Store at:

4915 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557
Phone: (252) 726-4433

If / when you've worked out the details, please advise and I'll deliver package to their store for dispatch. As a warning - The NC Coast is not known for producing the brightest and the best. The store owner is extremely sharp (not a local), although his counter people (who will take your call) tend to be in the "Twilight Zone." I'm a Coastal NC native so It's acceptable for me to be critical of our indigenous folks.

I performed this operation when I purchased merchandise on Ebay last year that was listed "For Pickup Only in LA. After the seller provided me with the contact info of their local UPS Store, I called, made payment, seller delivered to UPS Store and they shipped - Transaction complete.

Let's keep this simple - These units are in good condition and someone can use them, I don't have the heart to throw away if a fledgling diver may have a use for them.

CL

Hombre,
Trotted down to local UPS ...
They telephoned your NC UPS and hopefully squared every thing away

The procedure as they established is as follows
1) YOU Package the BCs for shipping to my home
2) YOU Take to local UPS store
3) THEY (your UPS) will telephone me for a credit card number.
4) I provide the credit card number- they verify the credit card information
5) THEY ship via UPS
6) THE BCs should arrive with in a week at my door

I have provided all the necessary information for you via a private message

I and grand children are vacationing again in Hawaii - eagerly looking forward to using BCs- In the interim they will practice and practice in the hot tub and eventually the swimming pool

On behalf of my grand children we thank you for your generous gift

SAM MILLER,111

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom