Two weeks from Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKay, when you book a Komodo liveaboard the operator generally facilitates the air from Denpasar to Labuan Bajo and folds the fare into your payment. So that part is easy. Not sure what happens in terms of weight restrictions, though on baggage.
I am not sure either. As Quero correctly pointed out, my liveaboard operator's charges included airfare, they pooled everybody's luggage at check-in and, incredibly, there were no excess baggage charges (as far as we knew). Based on my Indonesia experience, petty bribery is a plausible hypothesis.

If budget constraints don't allow a liveaboard, diving off Bali itself is not a bad consolation at all.

I have never felt unsafe in Indonesia, except perhaps in Jakarta, but a single woman might make a more tempting target, and I'd have some qualms about my fiancee traveling alone there. The Bali Times will keep you abreast of local crime, rabies, caterpillar infestation, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom