Tylenol Cold and Sinus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

11x medicine is a generic term. For some, whiskey and liniment is medicine. absorption rates differ dramatically.

i guess i should have said decongestant medicine, sorry, i belive my instrustor even said padi says no meds but other agencies say it is ok if you follow thier guidlines

There are some long-acting decongestants on the market.

If you want the official medical line, waste some time and call up a doctor. They will walk the fence and say that no significant research has been done on the effect of medicine on the human body at depth and it is thus not recommended. They will definitely say you should not take decongestants as there was a study linking them to convulsions.

Read that DAN link once again. See how there are no set conclusions and recommendations, just some vague mumbo-jumbo? That is because doctors in general cannot give blanket recommendations, and prefer instead to err on the side of caution.

You have to understand that with diving, just like anything in life really, you are the only one responsible for your well-being.
You have to find out for yourself what works for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom