U.S. Cavalero Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JP_SCUBA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just recently picked up a U.S. Cavalero C15 Regulator set, first and second stages, and can't seem to find anything in regards to a parts breakdown or service information anywhere. I haven't taken it apart yet but it looks like a simple piston regulator. The second stage has no external adjustment so I assume it's of the simple downstream variety as well. Any information in regards to this or any other models of the Cavalero breed would be greatly appreciated. Pics are of the reg I just acquired. TIA .... JP ...

Attachments

• 100_4852.JPG
    100_4852.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_4853.JPG
    100_4853.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 60
I have nothing to offer regarding service or schematics, but you may enjoy reading this 1977 Skin Diver on the CCS-20.
Wow .... That's interesting and very cool. A 5000 - 6000 regulator in 1977. I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be with a 5000 or 6000 tank on my back but I guess. So they were one of the first to use a DIN connection. The things you learn. I've been contemplating going to the DIN set up but haven't as yet. Anyway, thanks for responding and the great article .... JP

Always learning something new on Scubaboard :

- When I started diving in 1990 Cavalero regulators were still around and quite popular. I remember several diving buddies using the AirFlux 2, but I had absolutely no idea the brand was sold in the US,

- I recall also that DIN were not so well regarded. I clearly remember an instructor saying "that's junk good only for German divers" (sorry just a quote, not endorsing it). It's really amazing to learn that Cavalero as early as 1977, already sold DIN connection. Never seen one Cavalero reg fitted that way.

I recall also that DIN were not so well regarded. I clearly remember an instructor saying "that's junk good only for German divers" (sorry just a quote, not endorsing it). It's really amazing to learn that Cavalero as early as 1977, already sold DIN connection. Never seen one Cavalero reg fitted that way.
I had heard that as well, though have always had DIN regulators with screw-on yokes.

Years ago, a (presumably) damaged yoke broke in two -- on a full 250 bar tank that toppled in rough seas, while working boats; a piece of it even spun into the peckerwood sliding door to the galley -- left a gouge . . .

Never seen something that bad with a yoke reg, but rings bursting more often than I can remember. I became so convinced by the DIN system, that I had my old Mk10 converted. Would be still diving it, if it hadn't been badly battered by a louzy tek one day, but that's another story.

From Vintage Double Hose - manuals section - here is the US Cavalero catalog and price guide from 1977.

I have a C-5 US Cavalero, one of my more uncommon regulators.
Thanks USDIVER1, I'm feeling a little dumb right now as I searched the VDH files a couple of times and didn't see it. Probably because I was looking for Cavalero and not down to the "U" for U.S. Cavalero. You wouldn't happen to have any service info. for them? Parts wise I'm reasonably sure it's just o-rings and a rubber seat in the second stage.

Yes, in the manual section it is under "U" not "C", There is a 1977 catalog and price list. The U.S. Cavalero company, run by Sam Lecocq, sold French manufactured regulators, made by Rene Jean Cavalero whose company was ultimately purchased by Beuchat. Unfortunately, I have nothing on service info on these interesting regs. Perhaps one of SBs French members many have service and parts manuals. Search the vintagedoublehose.com forum for a little bit on US Cavalero.

Yes, in the manual section it is under "U" not "C", There is a 1977 catalog and price list. The U.S. Cavalero company, run by Sam Lecocq, sold French manufactured regulators, made by Rene Jean Cavalero whose company was ultimately purchased by Beauchat. Unfortunately, I have nothing on service info on these interesting regs. Perhaps one of SBs French members many have service and parts manuals. Search the vintagedoublehose.com forum for a little bit on US Cavalero.
Yes, I found the info on VDH, thanks. I'll give their forum a try and see what I can come up with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom