UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharm Rocks isn't especially exciting IMHO although the chances for turtles there is better than most. A good site for large pipefish

We did see around three boats at Sharm Rocks when we were driving home, which dive op were you using Johnny?

I heard that there was a mola mola on Inch 1 on Friday ..... downside was 9 boats and 47 divers !!!!!

Glad there was only four of us on CC1

Sharm Rocks isn't especially exciting IMHO although the chances for turtles there is better than most. A good site for large pipefish

We did see around three boats at Sharm Rocks when we were driving home, which dive op were you using Johnny?

Whatever op has Sandy Beach. All I know is that I showed up and joined up with their class. I didn't make any of decisions except to show up.

First dive was just us, second dive a bunch of boats showed up and it was a sh*t show. Wasn't super pleased with a bunch of boats rocking up while people were trying to do their CESA's but not my circus, not my monkeys.

First dive was just us, second dive a bunch of boats showed up and it was a sh*t show. Wasn't super pleased with a bunch of boats rocking up while people were trying to do their CESA's but not my circus, not my monkeys.

That's UAE for ya :D

That's UAE for ya :D

I get it, it's a popular dive site for classes and such, but I'm still amazed no one has taken a prop hit to the dome....

I heard that there was a mola mola on Inch 1 on Friday ..... downside was 9 boats and 47 divers !!!!!

Glad there was only four of us on CC1
I dived Inch 1 on Friday morning with Darryl and a Tech 1 student, no Mola Mola talk while we were there.

The Mola was on Inch 2....

I was too lazy to drive to Sandy beach on Friday, if I'd have known that @JohnnyC would be there I'd have made the effort.

I once cruised up to Inch 1 as always giving it a wide berth before we came around to drop divers - we found two on the surface nearly 0.5Kw away. No dsmb, and no clue which boat they belonged too.

You do have to be careful on the approach for divers on the surface. Even more so under water when some divers just land on you feet first having no control.

Time it right and it can be empty. Head there on a Sunday with a scooter and there are rich pickings to be had from stuff dropped over the weekend :)

The Mola was on Inch 2....

Thanks for the clarification, I will beat my source with a giant sea hare :D

We (Abu Dhabi Sub Aqua Club) were first at Inch 1 early Friday morning. We completed our first dive and then the boats started arriving. Our second team completed their dive and we left when there were 5 boats. We had a great second dive at Inch 2. After exploring Inch 2, we swam to the wall and at the midpoint we saw a Jawfish. We did not see mola mola that day.

Cheers

GJS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom