UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plenty of jawfish just off Dibba Rock

We (Abu Dhabi Sub Aqua Club) were first at Inch 1 early Friday morning. We completed our first dive and then the boats started arriving. Our second team completed their dive and we left when there were 5 boats. We had a great second dive at Inch 2. After exploring Inch 2, we swam to the wall and at the midpoint we saw a Jawfish. We did not see mola mola that day.

Cheers

GJS
I saw the club boat, still wondered if you were on it....

Ships that pass in the night.

Kerstin and I thought we saw the DSDC boat while we were on our SI at Car Cemetery 1

We will be back 23-24 June and I get to dive Inch 2 and Inch 10 with my 13 year old daughter. :)
GJS

That will be the beginning of the Eid weekend, going to be busy.

Personally I'd avoid Inch 2, it's pretty well trashed compared to its former self, hardly any coral growth on it at all when I dived it late last year due to divers standing on the wreck and poor finning techniques by most who dive it.

Personally I'd avoid Inch 2, it's pretty well trashed compared to its former self, hardly any coral growth on it at all when I dived it late last year due to divers standing on the wreck and poor finning techniques by most who dive it.

Yes, it is not in great shape but a better dive than the usual West Coast dives that we have here in Abu Dhabi! On 2nd June this year we did a dive on Inch 2. We had the site all to ourselves. It was a nice dive but the swim to the wall and to the bay was very nice: clear waters, lots of fish, some coral.

Eid weekend will likely bring out the hoards. But where else to go with some junior divers?

Take care and I hope to cross paths with you in the future.

GJS

Did a bit of shore diving in Fujairah on Saturday. Not too much about on the critter front, but quality made up for the lack of quantity.

Mimic Octopus, Costasiella slug and a nice little Sandbird Octopus in a soda can

IMG_4773.JPG
IMG_4774.JPG
IMG_4778.JPG

Had two days diving at the weekend, and apart from my first dive we were only two of us on the boat, so nice long dives and no other divers to silt up the dive site :D

Temps a nice 27-30C apart from my 42m dive where it was 26C, comfortable in a 3mm + hooded vest as I only had a 15 min bottom time on that dive.

Nice hairy squat lobsters on the deep coral

FUJ_1751MCsig_zpsrg3amqor.jpg

Spindle cowrie on the move

FUJ_1831MCsig_zpsh6mxo5ak.jpg

Thecacera pacifica at our new dive site

FUJ_1827MCsig_zps6z8qbhnx.jpg

Elysia sp (?marginata)

FUJ_1849MCsig_zpsth6ytxi8.jpg

And lots of Kabeiro rubroreticulata

FUJ_1856MCsig_zpscbr0fypm.jpg

Still working on other images, I think we had 17 different species on one site.

Back
Top Bottom