UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m finding quite a few Nudis about at the moment, also 2 weeks ago Car Cem must have had 15+ seahorses. Tozeuma (sawblade shrimps) have also been photographed on two East Coast sites now.

Also started a few beach dives last weekend - pleased to announce that Lobiger sp. and Oxynoe sp. hav been added to the UAE Nudi species list.

pleased to announce that Lobiger sp. and Oxynoe sp. hav been added to the UAE Nudi species list.

Yes my daughter informed me a few days ago :)

Hi Chilly,

My sincere condolences, sorry to hear about your father.

Well since you are in SE Asia there is a good chance that our paths may cross. I am currently looking at Anilao or Lembeh in April

Thank you Searcraigh.

As for a possible meet, I'll already be winging my way back to Canada on April 3. Perhaps next year. Red Sea maybe?

As for a possible meet, I'll already be winging my way back to Canada on April 3. Perhaps next year. Red Sea maybe?

Q1 is never an option for me, too much work, but of course since I work for a Catalonian company who knows what might happen next year.

Yikes! This year I will be going from shortie directly to 5mm! Rats!

Thanks guys

GJS
I'm trying a chicken vest this weekend instead of my 5mm. Al Doom had some end of line for 85dhs which is a whole lot better than the price of a new Sharkskin (My Sharkskin is 3 years old and has done 400 or so dives so is kinda stretched and worn out)

It' seems a good compromise - I'll let you know how it goes ....

If it's not a rash guard and board shorts, it's a drysuit for me. Can't stand diving wet.....

Dived with Barracuda today out of Fujairah on a new part of Deep Reef (29m) and then on Three Cars (24m)

Visibility on "New Deep Reef" was a greenish 10m and water temp 24C, but it was disappointing critter wise, no sea snakes for starters.

Three Cars did provide us with quite a few nudis though.

Phyllodesmium sp.

full

Gymnodoris impudica

full

full

full

Weird conditions further north at Lima. Dropped in guiding a group of 8 at low tide - thus slack.. Lady Musandam had tricks up her sleeve. After 25mins the tide turned in an instant (never seen anything like it) with a big current, and vis dropped instantaneously to 1 m (from 20) Got the group to 10m and launched my dsmb - emptied a full spool of 50m of line - it was almost horizontal. Surfaced into 8' swells about 300m off Lima. Interesting to say the least

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom