UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weird conditions further north at Lima. Dropped in guiding a group of 8 at low tide - thus slack.. Lady Musandam had tricks up her sleeve. After 25mins the tide turned in an instant (never seen anything like it) with a big current, and vis dropped instantaneously to 1 m (from 20) Got the group to 10m and launched my dsmb - emptied a full spool of 50m of line - it was almost horizontal. Surfaced into 8' swells about 300m off Lima. Interesting to say the least

Very strange, but I guess Musandam has it's own microclimate.

There was not much change in tidal height at Fujairah marina from when we left to when we returned 4 hours later just after 12 mid day.

BD84D7DB-054D-4F61-AA4A-F42A9567303D.jpeg
A couple of dives on Friday.
First a 100 minute dive at Family Beach - hoping to find the algae slugs - but nothing this week.
We then went to Extreme Divers and dived the new reef at 21m - probably my favourite site at the moment - lots of interesting stuff and I can only see it getting better. Lots of delicate soft corals and hydroids - and of course Nudis.
629E4680-A327-411A-9DD1-5B7C228F2A22.jpeg

9D11066C-4524-46B9-ADDC-F4562ECCDEA8.jpeg

F62256F8-DA5B-4B63-B1BD-84264F8F3AB0.jpeg

Great shots as usual Stewart, unfortunately my weekend was not so good photographically.

We did Cauliflower Gardens on Friday morning and I opted for wide angle, but the visibility was dreadful. Generally it gets better under 30m but it was after all Friday 13th.

Took my daughter down on this dive

full

on Saturday we did Deep Reef, but nothing of note, followed by a dive on Inchcape 10 in what turned out to be a rather strong current which was a surprise considering how benign Deep Reef was.

Now I know why both Hannah and Yanni use less gas then me, they don't breathe!

full

full

Nice long solo shore dive today at Sandy Beach (2 hrs 12 mins) in a balmy 31C, I really don't know why I wore a wetsuit, I'll bring a skin next time if these temps prevail.

I did a lot of hunting around mooring rope and random bits of bottom debris looking for nudis but what I found were loads of small shrimp things that I believe are skeleton shrimp.

full.jpg

The only nudi I came across was a Chromodoris annulata whilst a certain other member of SB passed by with a couple of students.

full

Nice relaxing day :D

Hi folks, I’ll be diving around Sandy Beach from Nov. 9 afternoon to Nov.12, if anyone would like to be my dive buddy.

This trip will be my first time there. Any tips will be much appreciated.

Hi Dan, welcome to UAE.

I might be over on the east coast on Saturday 11th, although not entirely sure as I am attending a conference from 8-10th, and I need a day to recover before starting work again on Sunday.

Have you been to UAE before?
Where are you staying?
Are you diving with The Dive Centre (TDC)?
How are you traveling to the east coast from Dubai or Abu Dhabi?

Don't expect great visibility here, but there is plenty of marine life and some pretty good dive sites, provided they are not crowded.

TDC are a reasonable dive op, and there are several dive ops in the locality (Palms Dive Centre, Freestyle, Al Boom, Divers Down and Xtreme) and they all share the same dive sites, in particular Inchcape 1, a wreck at 30m, which is usually dived by everyone at 0900!

All other sites are fairly shallow (8-20m) with the exception of Cauliflower Gardens (40m)

Water temps are currently comfortable at 27-30C, we do get unexpected thermoclines though.

Hi Dan, welcome to UAE.

I might be over on the east coast on Saturday 11th, although not entirely sure as I am attending a conference from 8-10th, and I need a day to recover before starting work again on Sunday.

Have you been to UAE before?
Where are you staying?
Are you diving with The Dive Centre (TDC)?
How are you traveling to the east coast from Dubai or Abu Dhabi?

Don't expect great visibility here, but there is plenty of marine life and some pretty good dive sites, provided they are not crowded.

TDC are a reasonable dive op, and there are several dive ops in the locality (Palms Dive Centre, Freestyle, Al Boom, Divers Down and Xtreme) and they all share the same dive sites, in particular Inchcape 1, a wreck at 30m, which is usually dived by everyone at 0900!

All other sites are fairly shallow (8-20m) with the exception of Cauliflower Gardens (40m)

Water temps are currently comfortable at 27-30C, we do get unexpected thermoclines though.

Hi Gordon, thanks for the warm welcome.

This visit will be my first time in UAE. I’ll land in Dubai @ 6am on the 9th, get a rental car & drive to the east coast. Brendon will hook me up with Freestyle so, I’ll work out the itinerary with them. Thanks for the tips.

I’ll be there until Monday, the 13th, afternoon, flying back to Houston from Dubai at 6pm. So, I’ll definitely should be able to meet you (& may be dive together?) on Saturday, the 11th.

Cheers,
Dan

Friday's dive turned out quite special as we dived a new reef that I was unaware of, and only recently discovered at 20m.

At this point I'm not disclosing the location. The reef is immaculate and appears to have the same corals as found on Deep Reef further south off Fujairah.

Kerstin and I went out with Xtreme (ex-Scuba 2000), and the boat was full with 8 photographers. It was a pleasure to see that responsible diving occurs with this dive op, no anchor used just a weight and shot line.

Conditions were flat calm and no current, visibility was an amazing 10m, I didn't want to surface, it was stunningly beautiful but I would hate to see Al Doom drop divers on it and destroy it.

I was wishing I had brought my wide angle set up, but who can predict what we will find once we dive under the surface.

Unfortunately we did not find any nudis on this site but I managed to find a friendly cuttlefish that posed for me, unless it was giving me some "eff off" message

full.jpg

I don't speak cephalopod

The second dive was at Car Cemetery 1 with the usual suspects. Lots of tiny stuff but a couple of the larger nudis made it easier to focus on and get reasonable shots with the 60mm lens.

full

full

Water temps were a nice and comfortable 30C. During the drive over in the morning we recorded 22C when we got out of Dubai, and air temps are a nice 35C during the afternoon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom