UDT Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just spoke to Bob about the strap/pocket problem, although we didn't know that you had managed to kill them already, he has some pretty fantastic plans in the works to design the new and improved foot pocket. I believe with these early prototypes, Bob is trying to show that there may be life in that age old design that can be brought back to glory, but something with the footpocket needs to change.

I just spoke to Bob about the strap/pocket problem, although we didn't know that you had managed to kill them already, he has some pretty fantastic plans in the works to design the new and improved foot pocket. I believe with these early prototypes, Bob is trying to show that there may be life in that age old design that can be brought back to glory, but something with the footpocket needs to change.

Basically chop the straps off, drill a half hole (as a guide for the spring) on each side where the straps were, insert springstraps and a locking pin, and go diving!

Tom, the photo's look great, but can you feel any difference between the rubber and our high performance urethane? Looks like I did to much grinding on the heel strap. Was trying to give it more stretch. JIOVOLD had a good idea. Chop off the heel strap and drill a hole for a spring strap I have started making a better foot pocket for this classic blade design UDT. Crazy to ram your foot into a wedged shape foot receptacle. The day I discovered my open toes design changed everything, but it took 20 years of diving in Jet fins to understand the difference in freedom. Happy New Year, Best Bob

The conventional rubber fins are stiff and just do not flex that much . Your fins have this really cool power whip to them, but they have to be jacked on the foot pretty well to get the maximum thrust out of them.
Now if you could take a conventional Force Fin foot pocket that one's foot can be jammed well-and-tight into and combine that with the thick side ribs of the UDT design, that might be cool.
I had never seen anything made out of Tan Delta material before - --->great stuff<-- - like Flubber for diving.
I have everything boxed up for Fedex today - both pairs should be there next year.
Hau&#8217;oli Makahiki Hou!

Tom, thanks for your help. You will get the first pair of a redesign UDT foot pocket. Trying to finish up a flying force xxxl size. A real big foot pocket. Best Bob

Bob,
Please design a Snow Shovel for me.
I am pooped and there is no end in sight!
Avi

Guys, I am stoked to find this thread. I have Greg Deets's UDTs (as pictured above, sold by 360). The foot pockets kill my feet (very uncomfortable and yet too much play at the heel). I tend to resign myself to my Da Fins, but this thread gives me mucho hope. I have elsewhere in this forum posted a question about using Excellerating Force Fins for bodysurfing (I had heard that swimming on the surface with them makes you slap the water surface rendering them less than efficient ?).

Bob, if you can make the UDT design wearable, that would be super awesome !!.... that is if you think they would be better suited to bodysurfing than the Excellerating Force Fins.

thanks heaps,
JP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom