Uemis closing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my Uemis, and also had great service from Mike at DRIS, even though I live in Sydney Australia. I really hope the computers and related servers are kept going somehow, and also the Divelog integration happens. Was looking forward to the Trimix upgrade, but even without it the computer is still awesome and am really enjoying diving with it.
AJ

Has anyone been able to sell their sda on eBay?... I would be willing to let mine go for a fair price right about now. I haven't even had a chance to get mine in the water yet (because I was deployed), and the main reason I chose it over other somewhat similar units was that the company was promising upgrades, both on their website and here on SB. It still appears to be a great unit for rec/nitrox divers, but I want to have a unit that I can keep using as my skills progress. The lack of upgrades kinda takes that away from my unconsummated relationship with the Uemis SDA. I don't want to rip anyone off (and I don't think I would be selling the unit as a rec/nitrox unit only for what I have in mind) but I would like to cut my own losses and move on with something else.

I saw 5 for sale on eBay when the news broke that Uemis was closed. A few days later, none were on eBay. Recently, there is one on eBay. I believe none of them ever got any bids.

I'm hoping some company will buy the Uemis assets and breathe some life back into the brand. It may be a few months before this happens, if it happens at all.

In any case, I'll keep using my SDA. It's been reliable so far.

Ron

I've seen one successful sale and several attempts, many of them with overly optimistic prices. If you expect more than about $1k then I think you'll be up for an unpleasant surprise.

Has anyone been able to sell their sda on eBay?... I would be willing to let mine go for a fair price right about now. I haven't even had a chance to get mine in the water yet (because I was deployed), and the main reason I chose it over other somewhat similar units was that the company was promising upgrades, both on their website and here on SB. It still appears to be a great unit for rec/nitrox divers, but I want to have a unit that I can keep using as my skills progress. The lack of upgrades kinda takes that away from my unconsummated relationship with the Uemis SDA. I don't want to rip anyone off (and I don't think I would be selling the unit as a rec/nitrox unit only for what I have in mind) but I would like to cut my own losses and move on with something else.

....just sold for 712 € (of course not me...)
Uemis SDA Tauchcomputer mit Sender | eBay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom