Ugh American Airlines and Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe it will help to look at the problem from a slightly different perspective?

Direct, same day flights are often considered Nirvana solutions. A vacation is a trip. A trip is a journey. Sometimes taking longer to get there is okay. You can do things on the way...

When you look at overnight flights, factor in the hotel cost as part of the flight cost. Also consider the convenience factor of maybe not having to get up in the middle of the night in order to get to the airport way too early in the morning for your first flight.

P.S. when are you going. Have you considered routing through Houston? Lots of great restaurants in Houston!

I'm actually thinking the overnight in MIA doesn't sound that bad. Time to relax, no running thru the terminal to make a flight, no worry whether you'll make the connection. We've been talking about doing overnights there or where ever our connection is so that we can be in less of a rush. Maybe it's a blessing.

I'm actually thinking the overnight in MIA doesn't sound that bad. Time to relax, no running thru the terminal to make a flight, no worry whether you'll make the connection. We've been talking about doing overnights there or where ever our connection is so that we can be in less of a rush. Maybe it's a blessing.

cool....you can fly in and look after all my toddler kids :rofl3::rofl3::)

but seriously...i guess we just have to deal with it...it is really annoying me that American are saying we have to take the early morning flight the next morning or we have to pay for the change and the extra for any flight after that one....really annoying... its going to cost us an extra $1500 in flights to stay 3 nights in miami and get a later flight..

cool....you can fly in and look after all my toddler kids :rofl3::rofl3::)

but seriously...i guess we just have to deal with it...it is really annoying me that American are saying we have to take the early morning flight the next morning or we have to pay for the change and the extra for any flight after that one....really annoying... its going to cost us an extra $1500 in flights to stay 3 nights in miami and get a later flight..
There are same day flights through Houston.

i'd be up for that, but they are only on Sundays unfortunately...our trip is from the 14th to the 28th (wed-wed) can't change the hotel now as the villa we are staying in isn't available for the extra days, and even if it was..we generally don't like to fly on sundays, get back at midnight then have to get all the kids to daycare/school and get to the office next day..

i'd be up for that, but they are only on Sundays unfortunately...our trip is from the 14th to the 28th (wed-wed) can't change the hotel now as the villa we are staying in isn't available for the extra days, and even if it was..we generally don't like to fly on sundays, get back at midnight then have to get all the kids to daycare/school and get to the office next day..
Wednesday to Wednesday! You have chosen to travel on off peak days. Agreed that your options will be very limited.

Be creative. Start your vacation at home! Consider changing your travel days. You could eat the cost of a few days lodging in Bonaire and shorten your trip (instead of lengthening it).

............which day would you advise we travel on around that week in august?...

i suppose we could eat several days in bonaire at $500 USD a day and get a refund from american, then rebook tickets for $1500USD more than we bought the american airline tickets...which would basically mean we are adding $1500 USD in flight costs and losing $1500USD on unused villa costs..so a $3000 USD swing with 3+ less days in bonaire...and still not be able to get a flight back in one day...

the sunday could possibly do it i suppose...but i dont think eating the $1500 villa costs and losing the 3 days is worth it..but it would have to be a sunday return as well, so losing $3000 villa costs and 6 days of the trip.

i appreciate the effort/input..but i don't think its really going to solve any issues.

it is what it is, its just a shame that american or whoever changed the flight schedule after all of the plans were in place and everything had been booked and paid for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom