ugh sideboard crap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Half of my screen is side board advertising crap, and I tried to change the setting in my UP and it doesn't help.

Help!!!!

Have you tried the SB Classic theme or Original theme? I recall using one of those options pre-supporting member and not having many adverts on the side or elsewhere. The other option is to stump up $40 or so for a year's membership and help support the board.

How was your non-diving vacation??

simbrooks:
Have you tried the SB Classic theme or Original theme? I recall using one of those options pre-supporting member and not having many adverts on the side or elsewhere. The other option is to stump up $40 or so for a year's membership and help support the board.

How was your non-diving vacation??

I tired everything and it didn't help at all. And I can not afford to pay $40 to not have the ads on my screen, besides I can not support a board financially that I don't agree with all the forums that they have.

My non-diving vacation was great!

Wendy,
We have been trying to sort out this problem all day but we can not duplicate it here, at Kinkos or anywhere else. Please rest assured that this will be solved ASAP!

Tech Admin:
Wendy,
We have been trying to sort out this problem all day but we can not duplicate it here, at Kinkos or anywhere else. Please rest assured that this will be solved ASAP!

thanks!

I only have the problem on my work computer, my home computer is great.

Wendy, what browser and operating system do you use at work?

Tech Admin:

i have no clue, i think its internet explorer

Tech Admin:

Lads, I've got the same thing happening (in reverse).

My work computer is fine. My home computer displays a 5" sideboard area that shoves the rest of the screen off the display area on the right.

I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Laptop, and am browsing on Internet Explorer.

I'd think I had a worm or something, but other sites do not demonstrate the same problem.

I've tried to go to the classic display to remove the sideboard, and it works until I go to another screen whereupon the problem reappears.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Doc

Yup, this sucks. It looks to me that the ScubaboardDeals.com banner is causing the problem. It's width corresponds to the now-giant ad box on the left margin. If you yank that banner out, the box may auto-shrink back down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom