UK SL4 LED w/cree R2 and LEDs for halcyon scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do these inserts compare to the stock eled modules?? I looked on the UK website and the SL4 (which I have) is listed as 116 lumens compared to the Xenon lamped variant which they purport to throw 113 lumens. From personal use, the difference between the two is vast... subjectively it looks like 300% difference rather than the 003 lumens claimed.

If the R5 is actually 3x brighter than the stock, then my BC light may in fact want steroids :D

Yes they are alot brighter. I started out with 2 ELEDs then made my frist R2 mod it was brighter then the stock light and got the same batterie life. Then I got the R5s they are awsome lights the beam is twice the size of a stock light and brighter. If you get it and don't like it feel free to return it for a full refund.
Thanks Jim

Yes they are alot brighter. I started out with 2 ELEDs then made my frist R2 mod it was brighter then the stock light and got the same batterie life. Then I got the R5s they are awsome lights the beam is twice the size of a stock light and brighter. If you get it and don't like it feel free to return it for a full refund.
Thanks Jim

Which is brighter and has more throw? The R2, R5 or Q5?

Which is brighter and has more throw? The R2, R5 or Q5?

The R2 has the smallest but brightest spot and the longest throw. The R5s spot is twice the size of the R2. The R5 beam falls just a little short but not much from the R2. I have not used the Q5 from what I have read they are not as bright and doesn't have as much throw.
Thanks

Do you know what the angle of coverage is for the P7?
I'm curious if it is wide enough to use for video. It seems bright enough.
Currently looking at these from Inon which are 75 degrees.
INON LED Video Light LE550-W #456212143546

Thanks

Just a FYI I have some cree P7 modules for the SL4 or 6. They are rated at 900 lumens but they realy put out betweem 650 and 700 lumens. These have more of a flood to then. They worked great in the clear water I found up in BC at 100 ft 30 to 40 ft vis. But they don't work as good as the R5 in bad vis 10 to 15ft vis. If your interested they are $45 just send me a PM for info. Thanks

Do you know what the angle of coverage is for the P7?
I'm curious if it is wide enough to use for video. It seems bright enough.
Currently looking at these from Inon which are 75 degrees.
INON LED Video Light LE550-W #456212143546

Thanks

I don't know the angle but it does look just like the LED in your link. I don't have any
P7s at this time. I will have more in a week. Thanks

JJ,

do you have access to a machine shop? I'm asking because I have some R5's that I'm going to try to mount in my Pelican Nemo 4200, I'm going to need a ~55mm circular disc with 3 holes to support the 3x R5 against the lens.

I'm able to make one out of wood but I would prefer Al or brass. I'm also looking at a 4x R5 for a Nemo 4300 (8x C-cell) if the little Nemo is a success. I'm going to end up making NiMH battery packs to powere them both.

by the way, great mod! makes ya wonder why these companies always use such dated tech!!!

Just a FYI I Have My LEDs on sale for the next week Before I go to Cozumel to get my 800th dive.
R2 200 lumens 21.99
R5 320 lumens 36.99
For bothe the SL4 and SL6 and the Halcyon Scout
Also the Mini scout 29.99
The last day is Saturday 9/4 before noon.
Thanks

Thanks to all. I will be heading out to Cozumel tonight for 8 days. I did get 10 dives here last week so I wil be able to do my 800th dive in the warm waters of Cozumel. So if you have light needs I will be back 9/14. Thanks Jim:blinking:

Jim, I've received the SL4 with the R5 bulb; thanks!

For anybody considering purchasing a light, I don't think you'll be disappointed with this combination. Jim provides excellent service and great pricing! If your looking for a small light that shines like a heavy weight; look no further!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom