Ultramar Ferry suspended for exceeding capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We can hope but many were saying the same thing last April. When we first started locking down - 14 days to flatten the curve, rah rah rah - many were saying by mid-summer (2020) things should be better but it might be late summer.
Not me. I headed provincial communications for H1N1 and it was nowhere near as bad as this one. I went back and looked at how the Spanish Flu rolled out (in waves over a couple of years) and I figured we were done status quo for quite some time. One of the greatest fears of health care system planners during pandemic planning is overwhelming the hospital systems and exhausting health care providers to the point where they are sick and/or tired and stop coming to work. Then what do you do? It is grim. So you do everything you can possible do to reduce that from happening. That is why you attempt to flatten the curve. Not to end the pandemic.

"normal" soreness at the injection site?
I wonder why they don't advise people to exercise their arms to prevent such. I did a few pushups in the monitoring room right after my shot, on a front row in front of a hundred others. I do them in clinics, Walgreens, Walmarts - wherever, then and there. Works.

For those who cannot do real pushups, leaning pushups standing three feet from a wall will work. I just did a few real ones, and they weren't pretty.

Any side effects other than "normal" soreness at the injection site?
Nope. My arm was a little sore all day yesterday (the day after I got the injection) and was still a little achy this morning, but now it's back to normal. I had less soreness than I normally get with a flu shot.

I had less soreness than I normally get with a flu shot.
I never have a sore arm after any shot.

Nope. My arm was a little sore all day yesterday (the day after I got the injection) and was still a little achy this morning, but now it's back to normal. I had less soreness than I normally get with a flu shot.

Good to hear.
Please let us know how the 2nd one goes.
You get the Pfizer or Moderna, (although I haven't consistently and reliably heard that one produces fewer side effects than the other)?

You're just an amazing specimen.
Who does pushups then and there.

Good to hear.
Please let us know how the 2nd one goes.
You get the Pfizer or Moderna, (although I haven't consistently and reliably heard that one produces fewer side effects than the other)?
It was the Moderna first dose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom