Ultramar Ferry suspended for exceeding capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How are the ferries looking recently? I would like to travel again after my vaccination which is next month. After experiencing the ferries last year, even before the truly busy season, and reading reports since then, I honestly don't want to wait hours or jam myself on an overly packed boat. Unfortunately I can't fly directly into CZM this time or I'd choose that route, and while I'd hate to skip the island entirely, I will do so if the crowding on the ferries hasn't let up.

I'd want to sit outside to avoid breathing used air, and my life vest on just in case. Imagine the inside chaos if one sunk. Not likely,but possible.

Looking at their facebook pages the Winjet / Ultramare duopoly are still alternating days of operation but they have increased the number of trips since I was last there in December
Nothing much has changed with the ferries. Still packed since the companies are alternating days to maximize loads.
They are making money hand over fist

Reactions: JFS
I'd want to sit outside to avoid breathing used air, and my life vest on just in case. Imagine the inside chaos if one sunk. Not likely,but possible.

You would be an amusing spectacle.

You would be an amusing spectacle.
I always am on dive boats wearing my snorkel vest as I board. I care not.

Nothing much has changed with the ferries. Still packed since the companies are alternating days to maximize loads.

Is this something that is happening both ways -- i.e., to/from Coz? And, if so, is there a particular time of day that one should avoid when leaving Coz? I'll be flying into Coz in late May but departing out of Cancun a couple of weeks later (spending last few days at a resort).

Is this something that is happening both ways -- i.e., to/from Coz? And, if so, is there a particular time of day that one should avoid when leaving Coz? I'll be flying into Coz in late May but departing out of Cancun a couple of weeks later (spending last few days at a resort).
Last fall the early and mid morning ferries seemed to be the fullest.

Reactions: JFS

We needed to take the first ferry over in the morning to catch our Delta flight home in October. It was packed, but mostly locals, with 100% mask compliance, including most kids 2-3 years old. Those 4 and up had a mask on.

Mornings and afternoons are busy from Cozumel. Playa Del Carmen is usually lines out the ferry building and up to 5th avenue. Modern Gong Show is whats going on.[/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom