Uncle Pug (the boat)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having cruised from Puget Sound to SE Alaska at 7.5 kts with two teenagers (on our trawler Arwetheryet) I guess I am used to the leisurely pace and 1.4 gph fuel burn.

Course a deal is in the making to increase the Armada by adding a 25' aluminum with 200hp outboard.... kinda along the lines of A River Runs Through It except this one will have a 1/4" thick bottom.

Oh... the dock? .... as with most docks out here in the PNW this one is stationary... that black thing in the photo that looks like a piling?... that's a piling. :D

How does it handle the swells? Would it take you out in weather that you wouldn't dive in? Most of the charters here in NC won't go out in seas bigger than 3ft, except one. It was an old North Sea oil rig boat. They would take that boat out in 10ft seas. Amazing.

brandon

voidware once bubbled...
How does it handle the swells? Would it take you out in weather that you wouldn't dive in? Most of the charters here in NC won't go out in seas bigger than 3ft, except one. It was an old North Sea oil rig boat. They would take that boat out in 10ft seas. Amazing.

brandon
Puget Sound is very protected water Brandon... though we can get some steep chop with wind and current opposed we never have a swell.

The boat had paravane stabilizers and outrigger poles on it but we took them off as we don't need that here inside... out off the coast or in the Strait of Juan de Fuca they can be an asset.

We've been out in three foot chop and they boat handled it fine but it isn't the kind of weather I want to dive in.

From one who has had the pleasure to dive on Uncle Pug with Uncle Pug, I must tell you that this boat has a ton of character. The working deck has tons of space for tanks, dive bags, drysuits, and just about anything else you'd want to take on board. The cabin is comfortable, and even comes with a toilet :wink: .

It's slow, but in a way that's kinda nice. Gave UP and I a chance to talk and trade lies:D .

Could use a ladder to get back on board, though....!!

Windknot once bubbled...
Is the airspeed of a swallow???

Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink....

WHAT is your favorite color?

detroit diver once bubbled...

WHAT is your favorite color?

No! Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

JamesK once bubbled...

No! Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Neeh!

detroit diver once bubbled...

Neeh!

Run Away!!!!

:wink:

P.S. That's a beaut of a boat, UP. I'll call you to borrow that hoist when I locate one of the many caches of Dubloons here in Puget Sound.

GearHead once bubbled...

Run Away!!!

" Bring out your dead "

Nice ride UP! Love the smell of diesel in the mornin!

BBBAAAAAOOOOUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM...........

There is a mighty tug
They call it Uncle Pug

Bellows the mighty Pug

He cruises Puget Sound
Where diving spots abound

In passing with his green hull, he turns all heads on shore
While underneath the waves, he shines with his bright green
As all the divers wave, with envy they turn green.

Mighty Pug is not the fleetest
Of the mighty ocean fleet
But captained by my Uncle
Searching they explore
In search of diving lore

As the diving flag is raised
All the fisherman nod in praise.
As the divers surface next to Pug
The mighty hoist the old geezers plucks.

BBBAAAAAOOOOUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM.....

The mighty Uncle Pug
Slowly chugs to port
Cause in the Puget Sound
Where many a tale abound
Scuba tales he has found

BBBAAAAAOOOOUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM.....

Have a couple beers Uncle Pug and you'll find its rhyme and rhythm. Polish it a little, and sing it in Uncle Pug.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom