Uncle Pug (the boat)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
By popular demand:

Uncle Pug (the boat) is a 28x10 glass~over~wood commercial urchin, sea cucumber, crab, and octopus boat powered by a single 6 cyl. Izuzu diesel and makes about 7.5 kts. It can carry a serious load and is equipped with a hydraulic hoist and boom.

The boat was a gift and has been used as is for a year but will this winter receive some serious attention in the form of a new cabin (maybe we’ll just put some tar-paper on the roof and call it good) as well as a three-foot stern extension in the form of a water level dive platform. This should make getting on the boat easier as old geezers like Detroit Diver have a hard time. It will also allow a slight increase in speed. We also plan to add seating with tank holders on top of the center hatch.

Currently Uncle Pug (the boat) is green but that might change if too many more boats start sporting green paint. It used to be the only green boat in port but imitation being the sincerest form of flattery that is starting to change. At least Uncle Pug (the boat) is the only one with peeling green paint!

Admired wherever it goes we are used to the longing glances of fellow mariners and the cheerful waving of fingers by fishermen as we arrive on site and hoist our dive flags.

I see lots of potential...you definately got the space:)

I wanta come too!!!! Will you all dive with a Cyberdiver?

Chad

I do have to say I am diggin that retro-50s shade of green, but I just couldn't handle 6.5 knots. A couple of years ago I refit an old hull 1974 SeaCraft 23. Put a brand new Yanmar 230hp in her, but when she would only go 22 kts, and could't improve it, I sold her.

I like old boats like yours, though. They make interesting subjects for photos.

of how far the herds of turtles travel!. I actaully have future plans(or is it a dream) to travel over 7,000 miles going along at about 7 knots.

Nice pics of the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom