Under the Sea 3D at Henry Ford IMAX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiggrr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The movie Under the Sea 3D starts this Friday at the Henry Ford IMAX.

IMAX - UNDER THE SEA 3D

Ŷnder the Sea 3D ImaxÃÔ latest 3-D film coming out Feb. 13 whisks you away to a world where the water snakes seem to slither from the screen onto your lap, and the snout of a great white looms so menacingly it makes young moviegoers cower behind their 3-D glasses.
Directed by Howard Hall and narrated by Jim Carrey, the documentary unveils breathtaking underwater views that bring you face-to-face with the mating tango of the flamboyant cuttlefish and the elegant camouflage of the leafy sea dragon, whose leaf-like fins could easily be mistaken for seaweed. "Under the Sea" was shot entirely with Imax 3-D cameras in the waters off of Papua New Guinea, Indonesia and Australia. For 40 minutes, youÃÅ swear you were snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef, drifting past forests of vibrant coral and swimming with sea turtles chomping on jellyfish.
But the visually stunning film is also the Cliffs Notes version of how global climate change is affecting our oceans. Images of disappearing coral reefs partly due to global warming give viewers a stark reminder of why itÃÔ important to protect our oceans and all that thrives in them. More than a quarter of the oceanÃÔ marine life relies on coral reefs for its habitat.
Å¢udiences will not be cold and wet, but what theyÃÍl see when they look through those goggles is exactly what we saw through the dive mask, said director Hall, who specializes in marine wildlife films. ŵhe most important thing I believe people will get from seeing this film, aside from being entertained, is that they will emerge with a sense that these places and animals are valuable and worth protecting. TheyÃÓe part of our legacy.

Phil and I are going this weekend if anyone wants to join us. :D

What day / show time are you thinking about?

Thinking Saturday in the evening. The 6ish time.

What were you thinking??

Thinking Saturday in the evening. The 6ish time.

What were you thinking??

Hey Tracey,

Rich is getting a group of people together for the IMAX at the Detroit Science Center on Sunday at 1pm. I thought I would go to that. It's Mysteries of the Great Lakes and in IMAX. He sent it out through FB, so I am assuming it's an open invitation. If you want to do 2 IMAXs let me know.

If you do this on Friday night or Saturday night, I will really enjoy going with you two. Saturday evening is best, because I don't have to rush home from work.

Thanks for sharing and coordinating! You are the girl!

Last edited:
Hey Tracey,

Rich is getting a group of people together for the IMAX at the Detroit Science Center on Sunday at 1pm. I thought I would go to that. It's Mysteries of the Great Lakes and in IMAX. He sent it out through FB, so I am assuming it's an open invitation. If you want to do 2 IMAXs let me know.

If you do this on Friday night or Saturday night, I will really enjoy going with you two. Saturday evening is best, because I don't have to rush home from work.

Thanks for sharing and coordinating! You are the girl!

I want to do Saturday night!!! That'll be fun!!

TTYL

Anyone else interested in going????

I want to do Saturday night!!! That'll be fun!!

TTYL

Anyone else interested in going????

Confirmed for Saturday night.

Just wanted to confirm that we are talking about the 6:25 showing?

Just wanted to confirm that we are talking about the 6:25 showing?

Confirmed. 6:25 showing. Glad you are comin too Jeff.
We're gonna buy our tickets tonite online.

Phil says there is a bar with scuba stuff by Henry Ford. The owner is a diver and dive decorations. Thought if you all want, we could grab something there afterwards. :D

I and a number of us here in Chicago went to a preview of the movie last night. It is worth seeing! I could have done without the song at the end, but that is just me. Have fun!

I and a number of us here in Chicago went to a preview of the movie last night. It is worth seeing! I could have done without the song at the end, but that is just me. Have fun!

Hey thanx for the heads up!!

I'll be looking for the song now. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom