Underwater Adventures Hampton Va

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dovahkiin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone have good/bad experiences with Underwater Adventures? IMO they are a rip off! I took my open water dive certification there right before the summer of 2011. I wasn't able to take my open water dives with them because of their limited scheduling. A few trips I couldn't get off from work and others UA cancelled on me. Needless to say next summer they wouldn't honor my previous class and said I would have to retake the whole class...at another $250. F That! On top of all that they staff is rather rude especially if you don't buy from them or tell them another dealer has cheaper prices. They are also over priced on everything! Out of curiousity I called them today to see how much it cost to Hydro a 80cuft tank...are you ready for this $80!!! LDC was only about $40.

Sounds like the exact story that one of our classmates had.

FWIW - Ive never personally delt with them, but while taking our certification course a fellow and his son from Hampton area had almost the exact same issue your talking about.

They ended up at Dive Quarters with us, bought all their gear from Dive Quarters and everything. They were very displeased.

Again I have never personally done buisness with them infact ive only done buisness with DQ to this point as they have treated us amazing. I have heard many great things about LDC as well, and think we are doing trip with them this summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom