underwater communication

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and a laser won't help with the photographer. At least not the one I'm married to.

and a laser won't help with the photographer. At least not the one I'm married to.
Light does, though. Seems light, especially underwater, is the photographer's best friend. I'm not an avid underwater photographer but if you want to focus my attention on something....light it up.

You would think. Only works at night. Sometimes.

I discovered the best way to handle my photographer is to go where there is so much stuff, they are less inclined to swim off to find something better. We recently did our first Indonesia trip and it was the first trip it wasn't a problem for me.

I bought Buddy Watchers for my wife and myself. They work best in a situation where you can see your buddy but can't get their attention....a bit pricey and bulky but may be useful in your case.

There is the gear solution of both going to full face masks with comms. Expensive and requires some changes.

But a BIG focused light might work. They are also expensive.

I dislike diving with photographers, particularly with macro photographers.

There is the gear solution of both going to full face masks with comms. Expensive and requires some changes.

But a BIG focused light might work. They are also expensive.

I dislike diving with photographers, particularly with macro photographers.
My wife and I actually DO both dive FFM. But we tried the COMS units once just at the lake and it just wasn't quite what I'd expected. Granted, it was a horrible diving day and there were other issues we encountered but the units just didn't quite work as well as I'd thought they would. Certainly not enough to make me spend $800 on a set. Decided I can live without talking underwater.

I dive with my buddy FFM aga inspiro mk2 with buddy phones. Voice quality is good. Only thing is that you tend to back 2x solo divers, because you can check other one with phone. Easy to make and alter diveplans underwater and prevent any accidents.

I dive with my buddy FFM aga inspiro mk2 with buddy phones. Voice quality is good. Only thing is that you tend to back 2x solo divers, because you can check other one with phone. Easy to make and alter diveplans underwater and prevent any accidents.
Would be very useful for photographers, though. I'm not opposed to trying to COMS units (Ocean Reef) again under better diving conditions. I'm just not yet convinced it's worth the $800 buy in at this point. Maybe I should try them in the pool at my LDS.

There's always a buddy line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom