Underwater Photography Tutor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sheri SGR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi everyone...I love taking pictures underwater but can't seem to figure out my external strobe. Where to point it, TTL or auto? The few pics that came out really good were just luck, point, shoot, adjust, reshoot, etc. and most great underwater models swim way to fast for that technique to work longterm. :wink:

Does anyone know someone in the OC area that offers photo classes? Not a specialty but more like tutoring?

Hi everyone...I love taking pictures underwater but can't seem to figure out my external strobe. Where to point it, TTL or auto? The few pics that came out really good were just luck, point, shoot, adjust, reshoot, etc. and most great underwater models swim way to fast for that technique to work longterm. :wink:

Does anyone know someone in the OC area that offers photo classes? Not a specialty but more like tutoring?

I think you should forget about an instructor unless you can afford a liveaboard for a week - see some of the sites in Lembeh Mike Leigh I think runs some.

I have just read - opps! No devoured - The Underwater Photographer by Martin Edge. I bought an ebook edition but it would be better in book form as you see the photographs better. This book, if you follow what it says, will take you further than 90% of the UW photographers on this site.

Good luck.

BTW UW photography is an art based skill and although you can acquire the skills, the artistic side is up to you. I have accepted that my artistic side is stunted but my appreciation of my own photography is still strong.

Hello Sheri,

I know Scott Gietler teaches classes locally (both classroom and in the field). His store, Bluewater Photo, is located in Santa Monica. Bluewater Photo, Video & Underwater Cameras

Also, be sure to check out the Underwater Photography Guide. It's a great resource that is absolutely free. Guide to Underwater Photography | Underwater Photography Guide

Cheers,
Zig

Hello Sheri,

I know Scott Gietler teaches classes locally (both classroom and in the field). His store, Bluewater Photo, is located in Santa Monica. Bluewater Photo, Video & Underwater Cameras

Also, be sure to check out the Underwater Photography Guide. It's a great resource that is absolutely free. Guide to Underwater Photography | Underwater Photography Guide

Cheers,
Zig

I would second Zig on this one. if you can get a photo course from Scott G he really knows what he is talking about.

+3 for Scott or anybody in the Bluewater crew. I went on one of their Catalina charters and learned a lot just from hanging out. I'll definitely take a class from them in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom