underwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylpha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've noticed how much divers in the UK like talking about undersuits. I favour Fourth Element myself, but I have a long standing argument with a friend about Weasles what does everyone else favour?

I like my Fourth element (Arctic / XT250) I think the biggest benefit is your able to wash them without them falling apart or becoming messed up. Going on 3 years now still fit/feel great and keep me nice and warm.

Weasle for me :) - they don't lose (too) much thermal protection when used with a flooded drysuit in the far north of Scotland in winter. Extreme for summer/spring extreme plus for winter

I like my fourth element arctics. I've just started diving dry, and it's the only undersuit I own/have used, so it's not like I have anything to compare it to. But it keeps me warm, so I have no complaints.

I have Fourth Element xerotherms but they're insufficient on their own and Fourth Element products are ridiculously overpriced when compared to non-diving polartec fleece garments.

So I hunted and finally found an eBay seller in the US who had double-layer 200gsm polartec fleece one-piece undersuits for diving at roughly 1/3 of the cost of Fourth Element, even allowing for shipping to the UK, VAT and duty. That, combined with my existing xerotherms keeps me toasty plus, being a one piece, there's no ride-up leaving a cold patch on my back like you get with two piece undersuits. I notice Fourth Element have reverted to one-piece design for their new Halo 3D undersuit.

I have a robinhood watersports 100g thinsulate. Seems great for me and works well even when wet. I also have a set of thermal undies that i wear when it gets realy cold but last dive at the start of this year at capers was at 6 degrees and I was still toasty warm. Shame i didnt have decent gloves though so ended up borrowing a pair of posiden mitts from the dive center..Great set of gloves

I have Fourth Element xerotherms but they're insufficient on their own and Fourth Element products are ridiculously overpriced when compared to non-diving polartec fleece garments.

So I hunted and finally found an eBay seller in the US who had double-layer 200gsm polartec fleece one-piece undersuits for diving at roughly 1/3 of the cost of Fourth Element, even allowing for shipping to the UK, VAT and duty. That, combined with my existing xerotherms keeps me toasty plus, being a one piece, there's no ride-up leaving a cold patch on my back like you get with two piece undersuits. I notice Fourth Element have reverted to one-piece design for their new Halo 3D undersuit.
I really like my Fourth Element stuff, so much so I wanted to deal direct. I got fobbed off for 18 months before I gave up. Even speaking to one of the directors several times, who I knew vaguely, at the dive shows with promises of emails etc. I found it so rude that they never contacted me like they said they would I now bypass the stand.

When I do set up a shop, albeit small, I will be looking for an alternative supplier. I hear Northern Diver have some reasonably priced FE type copies.

Back
Top Bottom