Unhappy w/internet purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
With all the online vs LDS threads going on (and all the people bashing online stores for lack of service and warranty), a question popped into my head.

I realized I see many many more threads of LDS "supporters" clamoring about no warranty or return policy (which is bull anyway :wink:), but I never really see any threads about how someone got screwed by buying from an online store.

So, if you have a story of buying a regulator from DiveInn, and then regretting it, or ordering a BC from Scubatoys and berating them for no service or warranty, post it here!

The world wants to hear your story!

I have the exact oposite.

I regret buying my kit from my LDS. Had a problem with one of the regs I purchased and they were unhelpfull and rude. I wonl't go into what they did and did not do. I wonl't ever deal with this store again. I'm being nice here, but we were, and still are livid with the service we did not recive.

Thats $6k I wish I'd spent elsewhere.

I ordered two first and two second stages from a online store and when I got the stuff they had sent me one wrong first stage (An Apeks DS1 instead of a DS4). The DS1 only has one HP and one LP port so it can only be used for a stage bottle.

I was quite dissapointed because it's very difficulat for me to drive down to UPS, do international shipping, etc.

I eMailed the shop and within two days had a replacement DS4 on my doorstep with the note "Keep the DS1" enclosed.

Now I'm really angry because I have to go out and buy another second stage, SPG and 6" hose to setup another stage regulator!

NOT!

Roak

roakey once bubbled...
I eMailed the shop and within two days had a replacement DS4 on my doorstep with the note "Keep the DS1" enclosed.

WOW! That's mighty impressive customer service. Who was it?

Marc

I've had a few that didn't go perfect but no major problems. An HP hose from e-bay turned out to be 300 psi. Seller said he thought that was HP but refunded with no problem. Ordered a Datamax Pro Plus from one of the larger online stores (not LP or Diveinn) & they sent me the pro rather than the pro plus. I believe it was intentional as the price was too good and they were unable to produce the pro plus so I returned it. LP sent me a Mk20 in 200 bar DIN in place of the advertised yoke. They offered exchange or free adapter with no problem. Only other problem had been backorders but LP & Diveinn both now post stock status so no more surprises there.

FLL Diver once said...
WOW! That's mighty impressive customer service. Who was it?
Simply SCUBA. And I never even told them that it was difficult for me to ship stuff back, the offer to keep the reg was completely unsolicited.

Every time I read your name I see “FFL” diver, which is bleed-over (no pun intended) from my other sport :)

Roak

roakey once bubbled...
Every time I read your name I see “FFL” diver, which is bleed-over (no pun intended) from my other sport :)

Roak

I'm almost afraid to ask what it stands for.

Something very complimentary I sure. :D

Marc

FLL Diver once bubbled...
I'm almost afraid to ask what it stands for.
You shouldn't be, it stands for a Federal Firearms License. It's a license that anyone who commercially sells firearms must have. I shot handguns competitvely for about three lustrums (always liked that word :)), so I dealt with lots of folks who held FFLs while shipping my guns and ammunition around the country.

Roak

I ask for horror stories, and get a few people singing the praises of the customer service of online stores, and at least one cursing his LDS......

Why am I not surprised :)

Just goes to show that the biggest critics of most things are the ones who have no experience with them.... remind anyone else of another consistent thread on the board?

Well, so far I have purchased from 2 different on-line retailers and my experiences have been outstanding. The products were delivered on time and exactly as I ordered. And their service was very courteous.

So....hmmmm....what do I hate about ordering on-line. Lemme think...

Oh, I know what I hate about ordering on-line -- packaging peanuts. When I open the big box, those damn peanuts get all over the house. They build up static cling so they stick to my hands, legs, and clothing. I keep shaking them off and they grip right back again. Worse yet, they seem to fit into every nook and cranny of the merchandise that was packed in them. So I have to spend time digging out little bits of crushed peanuts. And then those little bits of crushed peanuts join the bigger peanuts that are already stuck to me...and I eventually look like one big blob of styrofoam.

And then...this is where it really gets bad...I have to keep digging around in this big box of peanuts just to find all of the little stuff (let alone the packing slip).

Crap. Now that I think about it, is all my peanut aggravation worth the hundreds of dollars that I saved over my LDS? And do packaging peanuts cause cancer? Can I breathe them into my lungs?

Now I'm getting paranoid. I think I just saw a few peanuts staring at me from behind the desk.

Thx...Doug

Back
Top Bottom