Unhappy w/internet purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metridium once bubbled...

Lustrums? How many sennights in a lustrum, Roak?

About 104 (HEX). Out with the dictionary, in with the math book. So its been about 30C (HEX) weeks of competition.

metridium once bubbled...
Lustrums? How many sennights in a lustrum, Roak?
About 260. Thanks for the new word!

Roak

No Horror stories, have order some spare parts and sent them back because they were not as advertised. Would not even consider buying my reg or BC off line, I have too much respect and consideration for my LDS. They have been very fair and honest with me and have given alot of discounts and benefits since I have been dealing with them. And considering I will be working there part time starting next year and will become one of there instructiors.... don't feel that would be good business. But again that is my thoughts and my feelings on the matter.

Rich :mean:

dgangi once bubbled...
Now I'm getting paranoid. I think I just saw a few peanuts staring at me from behind the desk.

Thx...Doug

That's some good stuff Doug! Keep it up!
:haha:

I purchased most of my major equipment online (LP) and in doing so I not only got top quality equipment at a much reduced price but, because I bought 3 majors together (BC, Reg, Computer) I got a package deal that knocked off even more. Then they had the audacity to throw in 3 day delivery at no extra charge.

I got a warranty card from LP for all 3 pieces of equipment. As I understand it, LP is not just a online retailer they are also a dive shop and have technicians working for them. Corrct me here if I am wrong on this but, it's what I heard.

Well, that's my horror story.
:D

jonnythan once bubbled...
IJust goes to show that the biggest critics of most things are the ones who have no experience with them.... remind anyone else of another consistent thread on the board?

Funny how that works. :D

FWIW, I've praised and posted in the past Leisure Pro, Simply Scuba and Diveinn. I've ordered from all three, and have recieved exactly what I ordered delivered to home in three days or less. No problems at all, but I must admit I am curious on how the LP warranty in place of the Suunto warranty would work if needed.

And Diveinn even called my home from Spain one afternoon because they were concerned an email they sent me came back undeliverable.

Now THAT caused a problem becasue I hadn't shared with my wife that I had purchased yet another piece of equipment. :D

Marc

Buying online is not about service....
Its about PRICE.

If you want service go down to your local store and get it.
You should get it.... cause I promise you... your gonna PAY for it.

I sell online.... I hate whiners. I don't have time to give "customer service". Sorry... I am only concerned about getting a KILLER price for those that want it. Period. I hate getting dozens of emails every day from whiners wanting to know "when is my item going to arrive" or "how come my item is not here yet? (two days after they place their order). I do however stand behind what I sell. No questions asked (well unless you are a scammer.... then I just pull out my scammer meter on ya.... I call it my 25 years in the retail biz, and I can smell a rat.... machine).

The thing that annoys me most are those i#**ts that constantly email me with "when am I gonna get my item" ..... and it has only been 48 hours since they placed their order..... and they paid for 7-12 day ground shipping. Drives me fr**#in nuts. I have bought hundreds of items online.... and not ONCE have I ever been concerned with if my item had shipped or is on its way.
I don't care. If I wanted it RIGHT AWAY.... I sure the H*ll would not be buying it online.

Personally I think that they should require an IQ test for computer shoppers also... but that is another b*tch of mine.

Anyway.. I had to vent. :p

Bet none of you will ever buy from me huh?..... lol. ;-0

Oh.... and I hate those peanuts too.:)

You got part of that totally right.

Where do you sell your wares?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom