United to Begin Charging Extra for Second Bag!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So how do you go places like Bonaire, Hawaii, Australia??? I think Boat rides are even more expensive.

You don't compare the costs of one mode of transport to another mode of transport when both are not options.

There is no exemption for sports equipment and it's $25 each way.

. If I check one bag and a pair of skis, do I have to pay a second bag service fee?
Yes, sports equipment counts toward your baggage allowance and you would be charged a second bag service fee. If you only check your pair of skis, you would not be charged a second bag service fee.

All travel baggage (including but not limited to skis, golf clubs, boxes, suitcases, etc.) count toward your baggage allowance.

You don't compare the costs of one mode of transport to another mode of transport when both are not options.

I think Boats and Airplanes can both go to those places. So my comparison is valid, thank you.

My point is if you jump on the bandwagon to condem United for offer ala carte services like checking a second bag for $25 then maybe you shouldn't fly at all because United flies for profit which in some peoples opinion is evil. :D

I think Boats and Airplanes can both go to those places. So my comparison is valid, thank you.

We were comparing driving with flying, you're the only one that brought up boats.

Back
Top Bottom