Unknown Gallery: Aruba & Pacific Fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Here it is... "The Great Unknown Gallery".
For those of you who can identify a fish at 100 yards. PLEASE, come by and take a look. There are 30 fish of which I have found no name! Feel free to either comment/name them below the picture or on this thread. As they are named I will change their names in the gallery. I just hope some of you can identify them without even looking :) Good luck & thanks!!!!

The Gallery of the Unknown :icon10:

Would it be possible for you to indicate where each picture was taken? That information will be quite helpful.

I named a few. The ones I was unsure of have a ? after.
Is there some sort of prize?

Thanks for the warm-up before my next trip!

Just guesses, this is fun.
Is #27 a terminal Sunset Wrasse thalassoma lutecens books say it hybridizes with the Saddle Wrasse T. duperrey.

Is # 29 a Blue-Eye Damselfish plectroglyphiodon johnstonianus?

#28 looks closeish to a juvenile Ornate Wrasse halichoeres ornatissimus

#17 looks maybe? Female Spotted Boxfish

#6 I don’t see the barbels but is looking similar to a Manybar Goatfish, only similar

#9 is looking like a juvenile Saddle Wrasse

#4 Juvenile Yellowstripe Coris, oops, Hawaii endemic

#3 looks like an adult Oval Chromis , Hawaii endemic though

Wow, thanks for the names! For those who missed where these picutures are from. At the bottom of each pictures it has a note that say the location(right below photographers name) They are either from Aruba or Guam. Thanks for all the great names/guesses so far :)

HB Diver: Hadn't thought about a prize. Maybe my favorite Guam/Palau picture...Ha Ha!? How about this, if you come to Guam, I'll take you on a dive?? :wink: Actually, I just graduated from Dental School from Loma Linda...Riverside/San Bernardino area. So Cal was my home the last few years. I have to admit...so far I don't miss the cold water!! Anyway, take a dive at Catalina for me!!

RedRover: I know I see we share a few fish with your guys in Hawaii :) Thanks for all the names! They will help me get started! We are coming to Mauii to meet my family in November. Are there any good dive sites you would recommend?

Perhaps seperating the pacific and the atlantic fish would be more helpful.

Back
Top Bottom