Unknown Type O' Fish Tuesday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwfletcher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Post your pics of unknown fish today. Anyone know what this one is?
<br><br>
fish.jpg

pwfletcher once bubbled...
Post your pics of unknown fish today. Anyone know what this one is?
<br><br>
fish.jpg
It's a grouper - probably a Tiger Grouper, but - where was it taken?
Rick?

I shot this in the Turks. These fish were everywhere.

Rick's right...it's a Tiger Grouper. The stripes are the first clue then there are those teeth....fangs just like a tiger!

Ok - here's one. Fairly awful picture - I forgot the silica and the housing was a little fogged ,but its good enough to ID hopefully. It was taken in NC.

Dave

Anemone is a Giant Tube Dwelling Anemone.

The fish above it is a bit harder but I think they are Juv. French Grunts. The two blacke stripes seperated by a yellow one, spot on the tail, the bottom stripe going from that spot through the eye, the yellow tinge on the belly all fit it.

Hmm - a wealth of information indeed. I only have about three pictures from NC that aren't barracuda, so I'm pretty much out of pictures of stuff until I can go diving again (and I have no idea when / where that's going to be unfortunately). Sucks to be me. One last one though - the attached looked like batfish to me - something extremely similar certainly got called that in Fiji, but thats not what they got called in NC.

ID?

Dave

:wave:
Ooh! Ooh! I know! Those look like Atlantic Spadefish to me. Do I win, Dee? :D

Ok, this is a horrible photo, but it's the only one I got of these guys.

Kept seeing them in the NY/NJ waters, always traveled in pairs, and kept visiting us as were hanging during the safety stop. Curious little guys. Any ideas?

zebrapilot.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom