Unsigned dive logs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I kept a log for the first 250 dives and then stopped, because I'm lazy. These last years I tried several smartphone apps, finding out after an update the log had been eaten. I tried another one, it said it would back up to the server (London Dive Chamber) and it didn't. I wrote them a mail, asking them how come? Never got an answer.

I had an issue where mine screwed up badly. The dev's of both the phone and PC versions of my logs had me send it to them and fixed it very quickly! Most of the time it's just a simple database fix for them, but something you and I can't fix.

I also make sure my log's are always backed up and synced across all devices to keep from losing anything :wink:

I've been very happy with Diving Log 5 and my iPhone Dive Log (all syncs together, made form different devs) and the support they've given me over the years.

---------- Post added August 16th, 2013 at 12:58 PM ----------

Oh, I am offering $1 per signature. Send me your logs and an approved credit card to...

According to PADI a dive is to a depth of greater than 6m and longer than 20 minutes.

I have moved all electronic I use Mac Dive to down load my computer and it syncs to my ipad on a recent holiday when asked for my dive log I simply showed them the ipad - although you can sign them I don't bother - the fact that I have the dive depth/time log from the computer on there is good enough for everyone - I just use mine for record keeping (weights equipment etc) Although dive manager assist you with all your equipment serial numbers, servicing reminders etc if you fill it in - begin Sad I did and it proved itself when I took a trip abroad - it told me the all up weight of my gear in advance (so I could buy extra baggage weight) and when my kit was misplaced by a boat - the list of equipment and serial numbers helped me prove ownership from the local police (the boat had taken it to the shore with other passengers stuff the night before and left it on the dock, THANKFULLY some nice person took it to the police and we got it back the next day)

If your going to go electronic - do it sooner rather than later as writing up 50 previous dives is a real dull thing to have to do :wink: - Voice of experience

Like many others on the board, I have been diving computers for a while and they keep my logs. The ones that log and download are great, just keep the downloaded log current in case you lose the computer through loss, breakdown, sale or retirement. The only problem is going through different computers with different software does not exactly keep the "unsigned" log in one place. Most of the time I just carry a current printout of the log on the computer I'm diving in case someone wants to see it. That is a lot easier than scrolling through the computer. The only time I annotate the dive is that something notible happened might be worth a look sometime down the road.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom