Upcoming Changes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SouthSideScubaSteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
With the upcoming change in US distributors, what will the warranty / service situation be with Suunto computers purchased before the end of the year ??

I ask because my Cobra died on my last trip and I'd like to replace it with another Suunto computer for two reasons:
1 -my "backup" is a Gekko and I'd like to stick with Suunto so that I have similar algorithms on my primary & backup
2 - I'm familiar and comfortable with operating both models

Thanks in advance!
SSSSteve

Hello, anyone at Suunto home ??

I think they check this forum sometime during a month, when in the month is a good question.

I noticed someone from Suunto replied to other threads yesterday ....

Hi Steve,
sorry for the late reply. There is basically not much of a difference. Having purchased a Suunto device you'll get a warranty of 2 years, regardless if bought this or next year. Claims as well as out of warranty cases will be handled by a Suunto Dealer (which is Huish instead of Aqualung from 2016 onwards) or more directly via an online service request. So in case the dealer situation has become more inconvenient to someone the online service request can be used instead. The extent of repairs that can be performed by the dealer may vary. If they are not able to do a certain repair they'd send it to the US service center which you'd do right away when using the online request...

I hope this answers your question, if not please specify...

br Hendrik

Thanks Hendrik, two more questions:

1- where can I find a list of Huish dealers in the US?
2- will Huish be distributing the same models that are currently available, or will the models be changing ???

Hello Steve,
we're keeping our dealer locator updated... it's been undergoing some changes but you should find the right spot there. We're offering the whole range as usual. The portfolio will generally change a bit but there are no limitations as such. To what extent dealers take in certain products depends on them but they are able to order from the latest portfolio.
Should you have any trouble please let me know, preferably via PM as I get a mail notification then...

br Hendrik

Hello Steve,
we're keeping our dealer locator updated... it's been undergoing some changes but you should find the right spot there. We're offering the whole range as usual. The portfolio will generally change a bit but there are no limitations as such. To what extent dealers take in certain products depends on them but they are able to order from the latest portfolio.
Should you have any trouble please let me know, preferably via PM as I get a mail notification then...

br Hendrik
Thanks Hendrik!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom