Update on my Knee replacemment surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Take it easy & don't push it too much, eh?! :)

TTFN,

~SubMariner~

Thanks Scubadoc,
I've been a long time visiter to your web sight,
and thanks also to Submariner, your well wishes are appreciated.

:blfish: swimmin with the fishes

Mike D

Sounds like you had a great dive. I tore up my knee at the end of Arpil and hoping next weekend to make my first dive!!!!!! Always good to hear positive stories coming off of injuries/surgeries. Hope you continue to improve and your diving continues to go well. :thumb:

Here's one for you.
Last Sunday afternoon we went for a casual shore dive,
max depth 40 feet, to check out the sight for a possible night dive with students.
The sight was clear gravel and rocks down to about 25 feet where I found the bottom changed to silt.
Time to change to my wreck/cave kick or modified frog kick as it sometimes called.
I found the kick awkward, not hard at all, but requiring some concentration to co-ordinate. This was a surprise since I am well experienced with this kick. Oh well , just need to relearn the skill, I figured.
The next big surprise was the next day. My right calf muscle was sore, and cramped easily. While my standard flutter kick was no problem , my calf was obviously under more load than it was used to in the wreck/cavers kick.
Need more work on that kick it would appear.
Not a problem, heading back to the sight for a night dive Friday.

Mike D
:blfish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom