Upper Keys Dive Operators Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigdog86

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a new diver and my fiance is an experianced diver (Rescue) but hasn't dived in the last 3 years, we would like to go to the Upper Keys this spring and could use some suggestions on good Dive Ops that may accomodate new divers. I have thought about working toward a OW while I am there ... taking a class where I can see more then 2 feet appeals to me, appreciate and advice or reccomendations.

Kudos for Silent World...

I am a new diver and my fiancé is an experienced diver (Rescue) but hasn't dived in the last 3 years, we would like to go to the Upper Keys this spring and could use some suggestions on good Dive Ops that may accommodate new divers. I have thought about working toward a OW while I am there ... taking a class where I can see more then 2 feet appeals to me, appreciate and advice or recommendations.

Reading your post it became unclear if you have competed your OW certification or have just done some discovery scuba. If that is the case you will need an instructor/guide with you on your dives.

If that is the case Conch Republic, Brett with Blue Water or Pat at Silent World would be your top choices IMHO. Conch Republic has the biggest most stable boat, Brett and Pat offer very personalized service.

Add another vote for either Silent World or Conch Republic.

Silent World is more "no frills" diving, but they are cheaper. A lot of the other operators on Key Largo used to slam on them for that back in the day. They have smaller boats available and offer excellent service. Ask for Captain Bob, if he's still with them.

Conch Repulic offers a few more bells and whistles, but they are more expensive. I like the fact that they have facilities where you can hang your gear to dry and store it overnight. They have larger, more stable boats, but they have been known to pack them in the past.

I've been out with each of these operators several times. I think either one is a excellent choice, they just have different strengths.

Brent at Blue Water Divers would be the best choice. Not only is he the best but he is very conveniently located in Marina DelMar. Accommodations, diving, dive shops, restaurants and bars all in the same spot. You won't even need your car once you arrive.

thank you all for the input -- I have an OW certification from this summer but have yet to dive anywhere cant wait to do an Ocean Dive. My Fiancee and I took a cruise in Oct to Grand Caymen and Cozumel but unfortunatly my dive buddy had an ear infection which caused us to book an Atlantis sub vs dive.

Conch Republic. They run a great op. I dove with them over the summer. They were doing a checkout dive for some new OW students the day we dove with them. Everyone came up all smiles !

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom