urgent! help with Atom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hiloboy

Registered
Reaction score
I just got an Oceanic Atom but it doesn't link to the transmitter. It was set up on the computer with the serial number for the transmitter. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem,.,...go to set D. under RCUR make sure it says ON...then it should be linked to the transmiter.

hiloboy:
I just got an Oceanic Atom but it doesn't link to the transmitter. It was set up on the computer with the serial number for the transmitter. Any suggestions?

1. Did you test on the surface or underwater? The link symbol in the Atom 1.0 will display only underwater.

On the surface, pressurise the regulator with the transmitter attached, press the "S" (Select) button for a few seconds. You should get a display that says "Atom bAtt Good" and then "TMT 1 bAtt Good" and the tank pressure will flash. The Transmitter link icon WILL NOT display.

Thank you both for your help. The default on the RCVR was "off" and when I switched it to "on", I got a tank pressure reading. I wonder why it comes from the factory set up with the transmitter's serial number but not having the RCVR set to "on"?

I am taking the computer on its first dive in a couple of hours and am anxiously awaiting to see link symbol underwater.

Thanks again for the help.

Todd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom