ursuit drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tight rope walker

Contributor
Reaction score
I am just wondering if any scubaboard members have had a chance to dive the Ursuit series of dry suits. The suits are made in Finland, and I believe they have 5 models. The first exposure to them for me was at Beneath The Sea in New Jersey. I was very impressed with their stretchable Kevlar model. After trying one on I was also impressed with the way the suit was cut, as the arms and legs moved just like a shirt and a pair of pants. It was like wearing nothing at all over my street cloths.

As they start at 1900 dollars with no undergarment, I figured I'd better ask questions now.

Thanks,
TRW:):)

Never seen it before. I went to the website and took a look. Thanks.

I notice a lot of municipalities and sub contractors embracing this line. But I do not know if it is because they are a good product, or the lowest bidder.

Excellent suits! DUI quality but much lower price. Resistent and durable. Excellent suport and service, fully customizable if needed and now at least in Finland they have big discounts. If you are ready to put about 100-200 Euro extra you can get one tailored in the factory based on your dimensions exactly. The whole range is between 800-1050 Euro. The versions with Cordura are more heavy then the rest. And the X3 is for special usage like diving in fuel so. I used the X3 in about 100 dives (the suit from avatar) and is extremely resistent but is heavy and you are not really a ballerina in it :)
The recommended one for all range of divings from recreational to wreck/cave/tech is this one: Heavy Light Rescue | Ursuk

Fantastic suits. Here in Croatia the Cordura models are some of the most-wanted drysuits (we like durable and rough stuff :) ). The seams are particularly well made too.

A friend of mine had an issue with his "made to measure" suit, but they eventually solved everything.

They are the most popular suit here in Czech Republic as well.

If I wasn't sold on my Whites fusion I'd be diving a drysuit from Ursuit. Prpbably the "heavylight"

Durable yet still lightweight

As I believe trw has since left scubaboard, I would like to take this opportunity, to thank all those who responded in his place, as I know he would have found this information to be very useful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom