US Navy Diving Manual for Kindle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I recently downloaded the U.S. Navy Diving Manual Kindle Edition along with the Kindle Reader for PCs.

I have the same manual in Acrobat/.PDF format and hard copy, but this well worth the $2.00. Formatting is flawed, especially for tables (not just decompression) and can make some of the formulas hard to read. Color images and illustrations are in color when viewed on a PC. Overall, I like using the Acrobat file better, but there are several redeeming factors that make it worth the small price.

The kindle can now disply pdf files.

Can you find the manual in .pdf for free or inexpensive now? It is beyond me why all unclassified Government documents aren’t available in .pdf from the get-go. Any program that can produced the hard-copy can easily save/print to Acrobat.

My big reservation with the Kindle at the moment for this kind of reference book is monochrome only. A lot of people carry laptops to dives anyway so it is a handy format. Have you seen the underwater housing for the Kindle?

There's also a version out there as an iPad app. Kind of cool, actually!

Where can I obtain a pdf copy of this? id very much like to read this.

Lee.

Have you seen the underwater housing for the Kindle?

WHY would anyone take a Kindle underwater... or an iPod or a cell phone for that matter? I dive to see a world entirely different from the one topside and truly can't understand anyone's desire to do this. Why dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom