US to Drop COVID Testing for Incoming International Air Travelers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well…when entering and leaving Grand Cayman, we took the test via video with an “observer.” We were honest however it was very apparent that one could fake it or switch up the procedures. For that reason, could not definitely say that everyone on our return flight was negative.
No one ever could say definitiely, considering the false negative rate can be 10-25%.

I liked knowing that everyone on the plane had a negative test the day before. Hate to see this end. Now anyone can fly home sick.
Oh please. The tests took about 5 minutes to fake with Photoshop or GIMP.

Lots of people were flying sick or with fake tests.

Plus, I flew twice from Cabo to Austin last spring on SW, no one ever asked to see my test. I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Let me understand. You're saying that if you cannot block 100% it's not worth blocking any infections at all? All or none? I don't believe that's what you mean to say.
It is more like what public health benefit do you get from (fill in the blank)% caught before flight home at this stage of the pandemic?

In good news, the Internacional hospital in Coz is having a firesale on Antigen tests. You can get them at US$2. Their cost. :stirpot:

Yeah, we knew this little cottage industry would be annihilated when the rule was eventually dropped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom