US to Drop COVID Testing for Incoming International Air Travelers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I liked knowing that everyone on the plane had a negative test the day before. Hate to see this end. Now anyone can fly home sick.
Yeah, even if they are symptomatic. Anything else would be infringing on their personal freedom.

I liked knowing that everyone on the plane had a negative test the day before. Hate to see this end. Now anyone can fly home sick.
They were already allowed to fly untested going and after their initial flight to the USA any follow-on flight did not require testing for the other passengers. It was safety theater for the perpetual 'what if' crowd with little actual benefit. If folks don't feel safe on an airplane then there is still the cruise ship option where everyone gets tested prior to boarding the Petri dish.

They were already allowed to fly untested going
That was Mexico's call. They wanted the tourist dollars regardless and sacrificed their people.
If folks don't feel safe on an airplane
It's probably safer than shopping with the unvaxed, untested, unmaxed carriers I expose myself in stores with the plane's ventilation system. I just like minimizing my exposures as I have little reason to expect that I'd survive an infection. I'll wear new masks.

That was Mexico's call. They wanted the tourist dollars regardless and sacrificed their people.

It's probably safer than shopping with the unvaxed, untested, unmaxed carriers I expose myself in stores with the plane's ventilation system. I just like minimizing my exposures as I have little reason to expect that I'd survive an infection. I'll wear new masks.
In Japan at the moment and mask wearing is 100% in public spaces including walking on the street and guess what their c19 rates are a fraction of Europe and the USA

Mask wearing is compulsory on all flights into Japan and on all JAL flights leaving Japan. I did a 14 hour flight with no issues

That's not to say that folks shouldn't act like they are part of the human race. The US government still subsidies self test kits, I will be taking a box down with me next weekend, like I have been doing on my last few trips, if I have any symptoms (and when I previously had Covid it just a 'sinus headach' and general aches) I would test and isolate if positive, same as I would do at home and I hope most people are adult enough to do the same.

the return antigen test should have been before boarding, not a day in advance.
Where would this testing take place? At TSA? At the counter? At the gate? Sounds like a logistical nightmare.

In Japan at the moment and mask wearing is 100% in public spaces including walking on the street and guess what their c19 rates are a fraction of Europe and the USA
Many African nations have even less COVID-19 cases and they probably have no basic health care. The Japanese look incredibly younger than most Westerners.

Back
Top Bottom